Photos from the TP Megga Meet

Just uploaded my first roll taken on the Yashica 635. Ilford HP5 developed and scanned on site (so not the greatest results!)

3) Woof!

TalkPhotography Mega Meet 2015 by Steve Lloyd, on Flickr

Ah that is my handsome hound Nero Benson of Whipsnade. The big sissy scared of a little girl ;)

Great shot, this and the others....Nice one Steve...

More cracking stuff guy's (y)

In awe of some of the in-flight stuff captured. This was my first attempt at capturing anything in motion (serious motion anyway) and I know before I even get the pictures off camera that not one will be sharp! Granted I don't have much reach, but if anything that should have made my tracking better right? Maybe I should get myself down to Marwell for a little wildlife practice when they can't move too far/fast.

In awe of some of the in-flight stuff captured. This was my first attempt at capturing anything in motion (serious motion anyway) and I know before I even get the pictures off camera that not one will be sharp! Granted I don't have much reach, but if anything that should have made my tracking better right? Maybe I should get myself down to Marwell for a little wildlife practice when they can't move too far/fast.

More reach actually helps, the fuller in the frame the object is, the easier it is to follow and for your autofocus to lock onto. I was only using 200mm so had a lot of OOF ones, but the ones that hit, I was very pleased with, but have done a lot of moving stuff before, so some HAD to work :LOL:

That's actually a good point - just getting him in the frame was a challenge. Next time, maybe I should wear a hat with a dead rat on it? Or camp in a neighbouring garden? That seemed like a sure fire way to get them coming into camera... :angelic:

Still, it actually forced me to look at the AF options in the camera which is something I'd always meant to look at in more detail but never did.

Blame the birds I do :D

TBH not sure which one you were shooting, Donut, the paler of the 2, although she didn't look as though she was flying fast,
was still doing somewhere between 20-30mph, Muppet, the (Brown) Harris hawk, tends to glide in. at little more than walking pace,
although he is quite capable of out flying a running rabbit.

But as I said on the day, they are not used to people, they are manned (habituated) to machinery rather than people,
so they they both acted like spoilt brats on the day. :D

I had a try with both, but I was better equipped for the second day. And still failed. >_<

But as I said on the day, they are not used to people, they are manned (habituated) to machinery rather than people,
so they they both acted like spoilt brats on the day. :D
Right! For the comfort of the birds, Megga Meet 2016 will have a dress code!
g-bot.jpg

Wow, some lovely stuff so far, time to lower the bar I think... and I'm an expert at bars. :rolleyes::D

These aren't up too much as I spent far too much time running around and acting either daft or hungover but hey ho.....

Fed Up
Fed-Up by Andy, on Flickr

Donut
Donut3 by Andy, on Flickr

Old Things
Old-Things by Andy, on Flickr

All taken on my Mamiya C330f on some fillum stuff.

Andy

Megga Meet Legography:

Needs a bit o' tunin', dude.

TP_IMG_3670
by Tori_T on Talk Photography

Workmen: Division of labour.

TP_IMG_3673

Mini OCF Tutorial: "Now after changing the power settings, you can see the effect here on my ipad..."

TP_IMG_3684

Don'tEatMeDon'tEatMeDon'tEatMe...

TP_IMG_3702

As a 'part time' forumer (that's my shiny pate at the bottom of post #45), can I add my thanks to the organisers, and those that demonstrated at the meet, with a special thanks to @Tintin124 for his props and lighting that helped me almost get to grips with a very patient Dead Leaf Mantis (I think!), and to the guys that supplied the mantis in the first place :) Also thanks to @Asha for his advice regarding 828 film, time for me to 'man up' and start respooling my own film :)

I did manage to grab a couple of shots, so I hope you don't mind me sharing...

Captive Falcon by Nigel Lee, on Flickr

Dead Leaf Mantis by Nigel Lee, on Flickr

Nigel

Last few from me.

Olympus XA
Kodak T-Max400

img413 by Simon, on Flickr

img412 by Simon, on Flickr

img398 by Simon, on Flickr

img396 by Simon, on Flickr

And finally...

Everything was against me for this. My longest lens is 100mm and I was loaded with 100 iso film.
But I had a go.

Nikon F80
Fuji Acros

img441 by Simon, on Flickr

Nice. Worked well.

Great shots everyone. A pleasure to view.

Was wondering if Cobra offered his wet camera sensor cleaning service?!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited by a moderator:
Back