Photos looking different once exported from lightroom.

Edit My Images
No
I think I posted on here a while ago regarding monitor settings and/or calibration. My reason for that was that my images looked different on other devices, but I have now realised that it is as soon as it leaves lightroom they're looking different. Pic below on left is lightroom then on the right is when I open it in windows photo viewer. Any ideas why it is exporting like this? My export settings are jpeg, quality 100 and colour sRGB.

sdfsddsf.jpg

On initial glance these look the same. Closer inspection I'd say the RH image is slightly darker. What happens if you re-import the exported image into LR? If it looks the same, then it's a problem with how other software interprets the jpeg.

If that's the problem, google "lightroom export dark".

This was the top result when I did it.

Lightroom uses the Prophoto colour space. Whatever you are using to view the photo outside of Lightroom is probably using the sRGB colour space. This is very likely to be the problem. You really need to use the same colour space at all stages.

Last edited:
Lightroom uses the Prophoto colour space. Whatever you are using to view the photo outside of Lightroom is probably using the sRGB colour space. This is very likely to be the problem. You really need to use the same colour space at all stages.

100% this - and good luck with this on Win10 which is sRGB space.

View in LR or export from LR in another colour space.

That is why there is colour proofing box but nobody bothers to notice it... OK it's quite small but still no excuse.

On initial glance these look the same. Closer inspection I'd say the RH image is slightly darker. What happens if you re-import the exported image into LR? If it looks the same, then it's a problem with how other software interprets the jpeg.

If that's the problem, google "lightroom export dark".

This was the top result when I did it.
Thanks, it did look darker to me too, originally I only noticed on other computers/devices. I have imported the export and that looks fine back in lightroom. I will check out your search recommendation.

Any other device I seem to check on it is appearing darker. I've tried exporting in that prophoto colour space but looks even worse but looks fine when imported back into LR.

100% this - and good luck with this on Win10 which is sRGB space.

View in LR or export from LR in another colour space.
still on win 7, desktop is overdue an upgrade.

That is why there is colour proofing box but nobody bothers to notice it... OK it's quite small but still no excuse.
Is this the colour space option?

No luck, perhaps I won't have the issue once I get an upgrade on the desktop.

Back