Photoshop books

Edit My Images
No
I've just finished Martin Evening's excellent book on CS2 and I'm now looking for something else. I know a few of you have ploughed through several books so I thought I'd ask advice.

I'm looking to read something that's heavily geared towards the processing side. I don't really need to know about retouching, graphics/vector stuff, image management, Adobe Camera RAW or anything like that.

While Mr Evening does a fine job of explaining everything, he tends to gloss over 'traditional' processing (dodging/burning, soft focus, etc) in favour of retouching. Are there any good books that focus solely on processing in that way?

I know there are lots of tutorials online but I would like a proper book, really.

Scott Kelby's "The Photoshop CS2 Book for Digital Photographers" is worth a flick through in your local Waterstones. Haven't had a chance to read through it yet myself but the CS version was a corker and covers all sorts of processing methods and alternatives. I'm sure it will cover a lot that's already covered in Evening's book though, so take a look first.

I've just pre-ordered Scott Kelbys' new book 'The Photoshop Channels Book' due out at the end of the month.

Looks good!

im a scott kelby fan. funny man, good tips. i regularly refer to his book (cs2).

Back