Photoshop =- canvas preset.

Name
Stephen
Edit My Images
Yes
I've managed to SAVE a canvas set up that I want to use for a number of images. I am a bit thick and I don't know how to import an image that will sit on top of the preset I've created. Is it quicker just to create the canvas when the image is edited in PS. And being doubly stupid, I've made a Polaroid type canvas and want the image to sit higher … maybe I should delete this post.

For an opened image of a given size, you could record an action that increased its canvas size in two steps, the first step being equal all round and the second to increase the bottom part only thus offsetting the image upwards. Whilst saving the action you could assign a keystroke set to accomplish both of its steps in one hit. Just a thought ...

Did you understand about setting up an action (in PS)? In this case the single action would record two steps in sequence to get the result you want. Whilst seting up an action there's a dialogue box where you can opt for a keystroke combo that will trigger the action ....

Call out your actions palette, click top right to expand its menu, choose 'new action', and take it from there. Bottom of the palette has the record / stop / play buttons. Record the steps needed and hit stop. Granted that I'm on CS5, but normally not much changes.

Right now this seems to be the quickest way to get your result - IF the images in question are of uniform size and you want a canvas background that's uniform in colour.

Last edited:
Managed the record thing before I looked at your reply. YAH! My brain is still working. Now trying the BATCH thing but it doesn't seem to be applying the "POLAROID CANVAS" I've set up on putting the changed images into the folder I've asked it to. I really appreciate your replies to an OAP's question.

Trying my best to keep dementia at bay! Thanks again.
Aren't we all? I find that solving codewords and crosswords helps a little, but anything with numbers in - forget it, though my brother in law is a sudoku addict.

Managed it. Watched a video on you tube, boring as hell but …. I needed to include SAVE in the new action and it worked fine. The only problem being that it is trying to save them as a TIFF, I'll get there. Really proud of myself.

Back