Photoshop CC 2019 - wow (and not in a good way)

Name
Jonathan
Edit My Images
Yes
So I'm working on a Sunday (which is a bad sign), editing some pics that are needed in a rush for Monday morning. All of a sudden - BAM! Photoshop CC 2019.

Not a fan of these silent updates TBH. It took me a good 5 minutes to figure out they have reversed the controls on the transform tool........

I mean, after it *eventually* launched.

I remember now why I hate cloud apps...............

November the update was released I think. There must be something that allows you to update when you want. It doesn't do it automatically for us.

Doesn't update automatically for me either - I can't stand the new transform method either, it completely threw me & even after a few weeks, I just can't get used to it.
The fact that you no longer hold shift to constrain proportions, but instead distort if holding shift is a massive pain in the ass in my opinion - just wish they'd include an option to preserve the original method alongside the new options.

Aside from that, the update isn't really all that revolutionary & hasn't much affected my workflow.

Adobe programs don’t auto update for me, I get a prompt through the Creative Cloud app but don’t have to install - is that not the same for you? The transform updates threw me at first but I don’t mind it, if you rarely skew images out of proportion it makes a lot of sense

Adobe programs don’t auto update for me, I get a prompt through the Creative Cloud app but don’t have to install - is that not the same for you? The transform updates threw me at first but I don’t mind it, if you rarely skew images out of proportion it makes a lot of sense

I don't know - it's possible I clicked on something and I forgot about it in the general melee of OSX updates, Office updates, app updates.... It certainly wasn't clear that they were dropping a whole new release rather than bug fixes. The laptop never gets updated unless I deliberately decide to and now it's moaning that my Lightroom versions are different so probably I did let the desk top upgrade.

I'm baffled why they would without warning (and without an obvious way to change it) reverse the behaviour of a tool that has been in Photoshop since Thomas Knoll first ran around his campus with a it of paper. I understand some people like using it proportionally, but some don't.

They have also changed the undo functionality but (1) there's a big warning about that and (2) there's a preference pane option to set it back to how it's always been if you don't like it.

ATEOTD it's not a big deal. But it wasted more of my Sunday than I'd like. I resisted CC for a long time - mostly for reasons like this.

Adobe have a habit of breaking stuff that worked fine for years. It seems to be change for change sake rather than from need.

Half my plugins don't work properly with 2019 with 2018 they are fine so I will continue to use that until I find software that i am happy with to replace it.

New release last night - that may have fixed some of them for you maybe.

Hmm that new release caught me ,I simply can't get a jpeg out of PS with meta data from my 1Div. spent hours yesterday day banging my head against the wall. I'm not great with post at the best of times but was fine a couple of days back. God I hope something has changed by now

If anyone has any advice I'm all ears, sort of got my first gig and am getting scared I'll loose it due to this . I hope this isn't a derail John seemed like the best place to post rather than start another thread

stu

Hmm that new release caught me ,I simply can't get a jpeg out of PS with meta data from my 1Div. spent hours yesterday day banging my head against the wall. I'm not great with post at the best of times but was fine a couple of days back. God I hope something has changed by now

If anyone has any advice I'm all ears, sort of got my first gig and am getting scared I'll loose it due to this . I hope this isn't a derail John seemed like the best place to post rather than start another thread

stu

Check your program folder. Mine still has 2018 in there. If all else fails, use that.

John you are not dealing with that sharpest tool in the box here,but huge thanks for the help:)...where is the programme folder?? I tried to uninstall 2019 yesterday in the hope things would go back to how they were it didn't, I ended up reinstalling.

I consistently get there is an error recording the metadata,with export as just trying to see if the quick export option might get me there.

Thank you very much for the thoughts !!

On my Mac it's /Applications/Adobe Photoshop CC 2018/

On a PC, um I guess it might be /Program Files/Adobe

I'm almost there you are right Programme Files/ adobe ..........damned if I can find PSCC as of yet though. cheers for trying to help me mate. My ineptitude is frustrating to say the least !!

Back