photoshop help

Name
peter
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all
I am erm new to photoshop :)
my problem is simple my boss has decided to renew a old card game of his.
he has lost the original disc with all the images on so we only have 1 option available to us.
what I am doing and have learnt to do easily is scan in the individual cards and remove the mottled background to isolate the image on a transparent background.
what I need to learn to do is say the image is in orange and black the black looks patchy and the orange looks like a orange weave.
i need to make the colours consistent across the image i am not looking for shades etc. just plain colours.
ie so all the orange is just 1 orange and all the black is just black not shades.
I have tried looking for appropriate tutorials but am struggling to find anything.
thanks for any help in advance :)
please note if another adobe program would do it easier I am happy to use it as we have the full adobe suite so i can download and install any other adobe program.

I may or may not understand what you are asking without seeing the starting image, but...

In Photoshop. You could make a selection of one of the colours, probably the best way is using Select > Color Range, click on a colour in the underlying image below the pop up menu and adjusting the 'Fuzziness' to get all of the shades of the one colour. Click OK which makes a selection. Then open a new blank layer, and then Edit > Fill > Color... and fill the selection with a colour of choice. Then do the same with the other colour on another blank layer. You will need to have the original image highlighted to make the selection. ;)

There is another way to simplify the image by changing the image to B&W and the Posterize to get two tones to select, and then fill in a similar way to above, but hopefully the above makes sense and is what you are after. :)

I may or may not understand what you are asking without seeing the starting image, but...

In Photoshop. You could make a selection of one of the colours, probably the best way is using Select > Color Range, click on a colour in the underlying image below the pop up menu and adjusting the 'Fuzziness' to get all of the shades of the one colour. Click OK which makes a selection. Then open a new blank layer, and then Edit > Fill > Color... and fill the selection with a colour of choice. Then do the same with the other colour on another blank layer. You will need to have the original image highlighted to make the selection. ;)

There is another way to simplify the image by changing the image to B&W and the Posterize to get two tones to select, and then fill in a similar way to above, but hopefully the above makes sense and is what you are after. :)
that works perfect thank you very much :)

Back