Photoshop load layer problem?

LongLensPhotography

Th..th..that's all folks!
Name
[Censored] Fruitcake Bat
Edit My Images
No
Has anyone else got a problem loading a few images from Lightroom into Photoshop as layers? It started a few months ago and it would like load two or three and just stall loading, but won't crash or freeze altogether. Last image is in its separate tab...
Even more oddly if I don't keep PS on top when its loading it might pause completely but 50-50 resume loading when clicked to the top. It makes work frustrating, slow and unbearable.

Adobe was useless to say the least. They suggested my 8GB MBP has only 6GB of RAM because they are liberal and I therefore should get stuffed. or perhaps randomly change a few settings without explaining anything at all despite asking many times.

Latest OSX, latest PS + LR, MBP 13" 2014 retina 8GB. I'd love to upgrade but can't afford £2k bill right now, particularly as I just ordered some other new toys.

I am not quite clear on what you mean by loading an image from LR into PS as a layer.
I seem to have the option in LR to edit in PS or Edit as smart object , I don't seem to have an option to export into PS, similarly in PS I don't seem to have an option to import a layer.
What I do find is that if I select more than one photo in LR and select Edit in PS it only opens the first one selected although I can export individual photos for editing with each one open in a separate tab.
As I don't usually edit more than one at a time I don't know if I used to be able to do this and it has now stopped.
Sorry I can't be of more help.

Please accept my apologies, I was not aware there was an option to open as a PS layer in LR.
I have just tried that and can open 6 photos as layers with no problem so I am sorry I can't throw any more light on the subject.

Please accept my apologies, I was not aware there was an option to open as a PS layer in LR.
I have just tried that and can open 6 photos as layers with no problem so I am sorry I can't throw any more light on the subject.

OK thanks; at least its working correctly on some other systems. Could be a mac thing? Could anyone else with 8GB MBP please try?

Back