Photoshop . Pages File. ?

Rocket

CTID
Name
Tony
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all. I am continuing to provide various front pages for a friend who writes books, he is struggling with text, so i asked him to send me the front page in order for me to add some appropriate text.
However when receiving the page i am unable to open it, even though it says open with PS, checking the properties it has "type of file" as PAGES File (.pages) Any ideas please.

Well, I found out what it is:-
A PAGES file is a document created by Apple Pages, a word processor and page layout program for macOS and iOS.

As I read it there are conversion methods to open it including conversion to a pdf file.

So, it sounds like your friend is using Pages as a desktop publishing program...... limited understanding and IMO you need to liaise with the friend and agree that supply a file that you can work with. If not perhaps just keep supplying images and let him/her add them to the book layout as needed?

Thanks BB, At last i have been able to get him to understand how it all works, with the exception of the above which i was unsure of. You are correct he is using an apple mac along with PS express, as i make a template up to add to his front page sent to him, he is unable to add it, i have asked him to save it to a tiff or psd, i should then be able to add my text adaption. I think.

I have supplied him with a png and psd with text placed onto a transparent background, layering it as merge image, which works fine, but he appears to be struggling to add.

Last edited:
Back