Photoshop - taking 3 different exposures and blending togther

hashcake

Gone to pot!
Name
Darran, Daz or ****
Edit My Images
Yes
I wasn't sure where to post this so decided to post it here,
There use to be a really good sticky thread tutorial on how to use 3 different exposures for the same landscape and blending them together in photoshop but I can no longer find it.
I thought I had bookmarked it but it doesn't look like I did.
I'm hoping someone out there knows the thread I'm talking about?

Its probably better off here Darran

I just load the multiple images into Photoshop as Layers (if starting in Lightroom, select them all, right click, Edit In, final option is Open as Layers in Photoshop. Then, when all the chuntering is finished, select all layers, Edit > Auto Align Layers > Auto, Edit > Auto Blend Layers > Stack Images. Season to taste and serve.

Doesn't lightroom do this on its own now. I only really use Photoshop for focus stacking now.

Edit: Here

I wasn't aware of this being available in Lightroom, thank you.

I just load the multiple images into Photoshop as Layers (if starting in Lightroom, select them all, right click, Edit In, final option is Open as Layers in Photoshop. Then, when all the chuntering is finished, select all layers, Edit > Auto Align Layers > Auto, Edit > Auto Blend Layers > Stack Images. Season to taste and serve.

I can't find the season to taste option :exit:

It depends on whether or not you are using Raw. If you are, then use PhotoMerge>HDR in LR or PS ACR. This will produce a single 32 bit image which you can then edit as normal except there is much greater range on the sliders. This method produces natural colours.

Dave

Back