Pic(s) you took today - an open thread

We went to the seaside to collect seaweed and sand for the plant pots... "Take my picture with the wind farm" she said. So I did.

wLsz5gt.jpg

Looking along the beach to the steel works, 100 years of steal making... over. But the new government say they'll bring steel making back but with an electric plant rather than a blast furnace. Fingers crossed that it happens.

Z6hAwvK.jpg

The vertical pier is just visible, that tower over there... I'd have preferred a traditional pier but this new thing does give a view of he town that otherwise wouldn't be available.

7nHbdki.jpg

One last one, I told her to make a sand castle and we'd see if it was still there next time we came :D but sadly all she wanted to do was collect some sand.

OJyPHrU.jpg

Crows fighting :

D80_0477-s150c-tp.jpg

D80_0523-s150c-tp.jpg

D80_0524-s150c-tp.jpg

D80_0526-s150c-tp.jpg

The winner leaves the scene :

D80_0527-s150c-tp.jpg

I am not happy with the IQ, but this is the best I could do. It is not my NIKON D800 and the Sigma 150-600, but the great distance, which forced me to crop massively.

Maybe, next time the crows will make it easier for me, and have their fights just across the street. ;)

Last edited:
Speckled-Wood-Butterfly-(female).jpg

Not my usual subject but this caught my eye this morning. Never seen one before, a quick search tells me it's a Speckled Wood Butterfly (possibly female)

It's time to cut the lawns again but I won't be doing that whilst it's so hot and sunny as I burn very easily. So, while waiting for the sunny spell to end I can enjoy the wild flowers for a bit longer :D

EaMMb5Q.jpg

GbHhvO6.jpg

jB9yL2p.jpg

Hi, this morning I was lucky. The cooperative crow sat on the roof across the street :

D80_0542-s150c-tp.jpg

D80_0550-s150c-tp.jpg

Getting ready :

D80_0553-s150c-tp.jpg

Take-off :

D80_0554-s150c-tp.jpg

In city parks crows are not shy. But here in the country they are very cautious, which is why they live so long, perhaps.

In the past, people ate crows, at least in East-Prussia. - But not everybody loves tough old birds ... ---

We went to the park today and fed the squirrels and the ducks but we cut it short as we could see the rain clouds in the distance and hear the thunder. When we got home I took this picture just in case the flower was destroyed in the coming deluge.

JCt4pdz.jpg

Half an hour later...

HRuUfEE.jpg

But it survived! :D

RaHjIhd.jpg

I've been playing with the Sony's features !

Water colour

WATER COL2.JPG

Toy camera
TOY2.JPG

I walked around the back of the building knowing there was a red bench to test this one out, as I started to walk towards it a dog walker in red sat down ! Stealth modeRED MAN2.JPG

Timer ( The stunning model is available at a very reasonable £50 an Hour, he is also available for scaring the crows in the above photos and small children )

timer.JPG

Last edited:
DSC_0235_00001.jpg

Sunset over the Downs from Seaford BeachDSC_0313_00001.jpg

The Seven Sisters arriving into Newhaven Port from Dieppe 21:00hrs 28/6/20

A beautiful set of photo's

Beginner, Just playing with my macro lens and a new used purchase of a Marumi DRF14N ring flash, no real knowledge of close-up photography, just enjoying learning !

dandelion.jpgcanon ball.jpgyellow rose 2.jpg

Beginner, Just playing with my macro lens and a new used purchase of a Marumi DRF14N ring flash, no real knowledge of close-up photography, just enjoying learning !

Hi, I have a few macro-lenses I mainly use for close-ups or as high-performance primes. Macro photography is challenging - and rewarding ... ---

A visitor late in the evening today, checked the leftovers :

DSC00052-a7-5-c-tp.jpg

DSC00057-a7-5-c-tp.jpg

Left dissatisfied, I suppose ... :

DSC00050-a7-5-c-tp.jpg

Back