Pic(s) you took today - an open thread

From a quick dog walk at the back of my house using the only camera I have found up to yet a 2mp 2003 Kodak point and shoot. ( just moved in)

100_4138.JPG

Those are remarkably good for 2MP.

The thing it suffers from are white skies , I have to under expose then bring up the shadows and then it still doesn't work some time. Dynamic range is a a problem but that said it does work well for what it is. Not one for the pixel peepers !

Last edited:
New verses old, same conditions both on auto

Kodak point and shoot 2003 2mp point and shoot 692kb file as standard
1.JPG

Today 2020 Sony A6000 6.5MB file when converted to .JPG 10 times very nearly the size of the first one. I've had to down size to post here so not a great comparison.

55.jpg

My impressions First one ( old camera) has more noise in the sky colours look better straight from camera.
Second newer camera colours look awful ( TP makes then look worse but they are awful) and focus is really soft must have been a relatively a long shutter speed as the dog running is blurred. I did try to bring the colours back but they seemed to look odd any way I tried it ( I'm no expert on processing )

This leaves me very impressed by the old camera and very disappointed by the newer one ! Any body want a Sony A6000 ? I even double checked is was on auto focus rather than manual ( it has happened before) and checked the lens again for dirt .

Last edited:
A bit of a weird one ! My home made end fed Half wave dual band 2 meters and 70cm Ham radio antenna under test at ground level. First contact about 30 miles away on just 1 watt transmitter power. The bricks in my house must have a very high carbon content as radio signals are near totally shielded from one side of the house to the other.

100_4841.JPG

Last edited:
Back