Piccadilly Records - Manchester

Edit My Images
No
After dropping my daughter off at Manchester Uni last weekend, I realised that it was exactly 30 years to the day that I started off as a student in Manchester myself.

Had a bit of a wander around the back streets for a bit of nostalgia. Good to see Piccadilly Records (and the nearby Vinyl Exchange) still thriving.

Both were responsible for large dents in my student finances!

Piccadilly Records - Manchester by Deadpan Dodo, on Flickr

And 30 years later, these vinyl records still responsible for a large dent in my finances lol. They are so expensive nowadays.

A bit of nostalgia, bit of history and a bit of decisive moment with the passer-by. I wasn't sure about the chalkmark graffiti at first, but I think it adds a touch of realism. Good shot.

A bit of nostalgia, bit of history and a bit of decisive moment with the passer-by.
Thanks for the comment Peter. To be honest, it wasn't exactly the "decisive moment" that it appears as it took several attempts to succeed in getting the right amount of motion blur in the pedestrian and still keep the shop front sharp, hand held at 1/10 second!

Also nice to see the shop get a brief cameo appearance in last night's episode of Cold Feet.

Back