1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. troutfisher

troutfisher

Name:
    Chris
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Some from a walk round the newly refurbished Piece Hall in Halifax , it was where "pieces" of cloth woven in the local area were sold in the late 1700,s

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. ancient_mariner

ancient_mariner

Name:
    Toni
    Edit My Images:
    No
    Lots of potential here. In general all could do with straightening and/or perspective correction.

1) - needed to be a little lower & looking up a bit more to get the top of the tower & put the people nearer the bottom of the frame.

2) - Shooting from a lower position still to emphasise the structure in the floor & lead to the steps would help.

3) - Correcting distortion would help, and it's a shame that the speaker top left is in frame.

4) - strongest shot here. After straightening I'd probably up the contrast & drop saturation a little.

5) - This type of shot realy needs to be straight & square, but I'm not sure the lead lines & vanishing point are strong enough to compete with the ugly skyline.

Hope that's useful.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2017
  3. troutfisher

troutfisher

Name:
    Chris
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Yes you are quite correct, this was a day out in Halifax with SWMBO, but having been I will go back armed with tripod ,TS-E and a lot more time and hopefully less people when all the kids are back at school

ancient_mariner likes this.
  4. ancient_mariner

ancient_mariner

Name:
    Toni
    Edit My Images:
    No
    You could just straighten these in post. :)

5. troutfisher

troutfisher

Name:
    Chris
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Yes but there is no point in having a £1500 lens and not using it for what is was designed for and this place is made for it,plus I should be able to get some great effects using the tilt function

6. Orangecroc

Orangecroc

Name:
    Ben
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    A shot from the tower of the square would be pretty great with the tilt function.

7. Stephen L

Stephen L

Name:
    Stephen
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    These shots take me back to, well, when it didn't look like this! Have to make a return visit!

8. Merluza

Merluza

Name:
    Jim
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    What lens were you using, the place looks huge? Nice to see the place smartened up I think but I wonder how they are going to use it as it seems a shame to have lost that big open space to that elevated section. Have they improved the retail units, they were always too small for many businesses to thrive?

9. troutfisher

troutfisher

Name:
    Chris
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Fuji 10-24.
    It is big, Its so long since I went I had forgotten how big it was, but there is a bit of a distorting effect from the lens ' its why I like using it!
    I hope the retail units survive, although the top floor appears to be being used as offices so hopefully it will prosper and be around for a few more years