1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. troutfisher

troutfisher

Name:
    Chris
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Some from a walk round the newly refurbished Piece Hall in Halifax , it was where "pieces" of cloth woven in the local area were sold in the late 1700,s

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. ancient_mariner

ancient_mariner

Name:
    Toni
    Edit My Images:
    No
    Lots of potential here. In general all could do with straightening and/or perspective correction.

1) - needed to be a little lower & looking up a bit more to get the top of the tower & put the people nearer the bottom of the frame.

2) - Shooting from a lower position still to emphasise the structure in the floor & lead to the steps would help.

3) - Correcting distortion would help, and it's a shame that the speaker top left is in frame.

4) - strongest shot here. After straightening I'd probably up the contrast & drop saturation a little.

5) - This type of shot realy needs to be straight & square, but I'm not sure the lead lines & vanishing point are strong enough to compete with the ugly skyline.

Hope that's useful.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2017 at 5:08 PM
  3. troutfisher

troutfisher

Name:
    Chris
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Yes you are quite correct, this was a day out in Halifax with SWMBO, but having been I will go back armed with tripod ,TS-E and a lot more time and hopefully less people when all the kids are back at school

ancient_mariner likes this.
  4. ancient_mariner

ancient_mariner

Name:
    Toni
    Edit My Images:
    No
    You could just straighten these in post. :)

5. troutfisher

troutfisher

Name:
    Chris
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Yes but there is no point in having a £1500 lens and not using it for what is was designed for and this place is made for it,plus I should be able to get some great effects using the tilt function

6. Orangecroc

Orangecroc

Name:
    Ben
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    A shot from the tower of the square would be pretty great with the tilt function.