Pied Kingfisher

Edit My Images
No
Bright sunlight

D750 + 300 f2.8 VR + x 2TC

Pied_Fish_1.jpg

Pied_Fish_2.jpg

Last edited:
Nice find, looking good despite the harsh light :)

Your title should have read "Successful Pied Kingfisher"!
Maybe tone down the wood so it does not steal the show!

Are you back home already?

What a fantastic bird and some good shots of it too, Bill...looks like poor little fishy is just to get his head bashed in #1

Great shots but looks slightly soft to me, could use a bit of sharpening imo but not sure if you'll agree.

Great shots but looks slightly soft to me, could use a bit of sharpening imo but not sure if you'll agree.
Very nice shots although slightly soft

Stan

I'm disappointed - 300mm f2.8 + x 2 TC is weak and cropped in bright sunlight so contrast focus struggles ... you get what it gives you

only edited on my laptop

Last edited:
I can't remember, is it the Nikon and the tc2? I think you said in the other thread I made that this combo isn't that great but with the Nikon kit I've since researched and found some amazingly sharp images from that setup but obviously it depends how much you've cropped.

I can't remember, is it the Nikon and the tc2? I think you said in the other thread I made that this combo isn't that great but with the Nikon kit I've since researched and found some amazingly sharp images from that setup but obviously it depends how much you've cropped.

The Nikon D750 + 300mm f2.8VR - TC20Ell

I have some good images with that combo Chris

the above are crops, the Pied is very small and the light out here is just fierce - extreme sun and shade most of the time

Here's the original

original.jpg

Last edited:
Ah that makes sense then. The ones I've seen have been at most 50% crops. Still, it's a nice shot and I know what you mean about the light down there! The Kgalagadi in midday sun was ridiculous!

I like the original very much but also the crops. Really great images imo.

Back