Wild Pine Marten

dragonfly

Advertiser
Name
Des
Edit My Images
No
Whilst looking for some low light images to process with Denoise, I came across this image form a few years ago, taken in Scotland. A beautiful animal that I think is making a come back.

pinemartin.jpg

Terrific image of a beautiful animal.

Word of warning: they seem to like the taste of the material that is used in HT leads in your car. The coloured outer coating. They gnaw right through it into the metal wires underneath. It can lead to your car not starting when you are in the middle of nowhere, on a Sunday in the Black Forest of Germany.

Let's hope the re-introduction has the required effect of killing off and driving away the grey squirrels in order to save the reds. (y)

Sadly, latest research has shown that it may not be as effective as was hoped due to the marten's aversion to populated areas. This means that the greys will just head into town and become more of a nuisance than they already are. :(

Oops! Sorry Des - I forgot to mention what a great picture this is. (y)

Wow, a Pine Marten is on my bucket list- if they ever allow to travel to Scotland that is :)

Nice shot Des

Les :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it's Pine Marten?

My wife lived in Dumfries and Galloway for a few years, and used to see them quite often. Red squirrels are common enough too.

Terrific image of a beautiful animal.

Word of warning: they seem to like the taste of the material that is used in HT leads in your car. The coloured outer coating. They gnaw right through it into the metal wires underneath. It can lead to your car not starting when you are in the middle of nowhere, on a Sunday in the Black Forest of Germany.
An amusingly specific conjunction of circumstance - personal experience? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Back