Plastic Milk bottle diffusion

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
No
I cut a piece out of a plastic milk bottle this afternoon and shaped it to the front of the ring-flash, and cut a hole in the centre for the lens to look through.

This is just opaque plastic (Morrison's own brand) and the flash levels in camera were set at 0EV, and the Venus lens at f/16.

This is the stamen of a lily, which always look wet (maybe they are) so the light shows as squiggles sort of thing.

I did 2 edits, 1 untouched in LR - exposure etc unchanged. The other using the eyedrop tool to pick the whitest spot for the colour balance.

Then I edited it myself to remove some of the blueness that my flash introduces.

I think the diffusion has made the light better - it's just my flawed PP that needs addressing as well... :)

Here's the 3.

2048lily.jpg

2048lily01.jpg

2048lily02.jpg

Paul.

#2 WB is way off... 18% gray and all

#1 is the best and light looks well controlled with detail in the highlights

#3 has lost contrast

Here is how I diffused my ring flash...

https://www.flickr.com/photos/115362543@N04/14385151405/in/set-72157644036934524

Lens Hood that fits inside the ringflash then milk bottle cut for the diffusion and radiator insulation for the outside edge. (foam and foil lined type)

Last edited:
Yeah colour looks best on the first one to me. I just needs half a stop of exposure adding and maybe a slight boost to the contrast.

Back