Please help with fuji / lightroom problem

Name
stuart
Edit My Images
Yes
I recently changed camera systems and got a fuji xt3. I am running Lightroom cc classic v10 but it wont see the fuji raws.I am confused by this as I think this is the most uptodate version. I also have lightroomcc v4 which does see the fuji raws but I HATE the layout of v4.

Can anyone help

OR is there a way of v4 having the same layout as classic v10?

Last edited:
I'm sure it's something simple. I have version 10, it is the latest, and it sees my fuji raws just fine.

I hope you get it sorted soon.

I'm sure it's something simple. I have version 10, it is the latest, and it sees my fuji raws just fine.

I hope you get it sorted soon.
yes i hope so. when I click import and open the folder with the raw files the folder shows as being empty :-(

How do you import? What OS?

If you go to the folders tab and click the "+" then add the location where your files are, does that work?
If not, can you right click that folder and synchronise? Does that work?

How do you import? What OS?

If you go to the folders tab and click the "+" then add the location where your files are, does that work?
If not, can you right click that folder and synchronise? Does that work?
After a chat with adobe it appears I have a fix. If the folder containing the raws are on your desktop, lightroom wont see them but move that folder in "pictures" (windows 10) and lightroom does see them. thought it was very strange but aleast my problem is solved

After a chat with adobe it appears I have a fix. If the folder containing the raws are on your desktop, lightroom wont see them but move that folder in "pictures" (windows 10) and lightroom does see them. thought it was very strange but aleast my problem is solved
That's just bizarre...

That's just bizarre...
it is indeed. If anyone out there wants to try that theory to confirm if ive a strange PC or not please do :) simply put a raw folder containing fuji raws on your desktop and try and import them into lightroom.

Just tried it.

No problem at all.

Clicked on the arrow next to "select a source" clicked on desktop - straight in.

Just tried it.

No problem at all.

Clicked on the arrow next to "select a source" clicked on desktop - straight in.
Thanks for checking. That's got me wondering now lol . I have now noticed when I click import , if I select any folder on my desktop it shows as empty even if it contains canon raws , Fuji jpegs or anything else . Weird one

Just tried it. Also fine.

I clicked on the "+" in folders and added it. It saw the images and imported them. (X-T2 though - no newfangled thing here)

Thanks for checking. That's got me wondering now lol . I have now noticed when I click import , if I select any folder on my desktop it shows as empty even if it contains canon raws , Fuji jpegs or anything else . Weird one

You've not got anything weird going on like 2 desktop folders? I've sometimes had issues when I want to move the "Users" folder to a different drive and ended up with 2 sets of folder hierarchies. E.g. Lightroom is looking in C:\\Users\Username\Desktop but the photos are in E:\\Users\Username\Desktop?

You've not got anything weird going on like 2 desktop folders? I've sometimes had issues when I want to move the "Users" folder to a different drive and ended up with 2 sets of folder hierarchies. E.g. Lightroom is looking in C:\\Users\Username\Desktop but the photos are in E:\\Users\Username\Desktop?
No i dont think so and now my problem is back but worse. When i open lightroom and import , every folder is showing as empty regardless of where it is on the pc :-(

Has this only just started happening or has it been since install?

Maybe try the uninstall/reinstall. Kick it off before ytou go to bed and it'll be done by morning.

Has this only just started happening or has it been since install?

Maybe try the uninstall/reinstall. Kick it off before ytou go to bed and it'll be done by morning.
I got a new camera and updated lightroom so either one could be the culprit but i think its a lightroom issue

Back