Please Shut The Gate

Nice one Dave Lad! Well framed and a pleasing shot.
Great place Portmeirion!

Remember going their,a great place to visit,nice photo :)

Thanks Simon, yeah it is a fab place,

Very nice Dave, I love it (y) but why post it in a Talk section :thinking: maybe get it moved to the landscapes or architecture sections (y)

Matt

Cheers Matt, I couldnt decide where to post it

Got to love the Prisoner Village and what a strange program.

Great shot Dave, that would look good on the wall.

Cheers Matt, I couldnt decide where to post it

Wasn't there a "General Photo Sharing" forum for these kind of posts at some point..?

As for the photo, I love it. I need to get back to portmerion. Not been for a long time, and i forgot just how much it looks like a watercolour painting. Beautiful.

Wasn't there a "General Photo Sharing" forum for these kind of posts at some point..?

I think it's been renamed 'Other photo feedback' and shoved to the bottom of the feedback list.

It looks liked it's been comped together, although I know it hasn't, the blue of the wall is so utterly different to the more muted tones in the background. I really like it, a well-spotted shot :)

Last edited:
Like it.

Great, vibrant colours, well composed, nice moody sky and a chuffing blue gate (y)

As an aside and for my improvement, why shoot at iso400? I assume this was to get 1/250th?

Cheers.

Thanks guys for your good comments

Andy I have always to shoot at nigh ISOs for speed as I have Raynauds so shake quite a lot :)

Adam yeah agree the blue is woow but thats how it was (y)

Thanks DIW

Pat its just one shot not a composite (y)

Last edited:
Great shot Dave, the colours and composition are great. The image works really well.

Well composed and pleasing to the eye, love the way the eye is drawn through the arch, to the little gate, and beyond to the brightly coloured building. And thats from someone that see's life in black and white! well done, love it :)

Nice shot ;)

I am not a number, I am a free man

Good spot Dave, like the composition.

Back