Polar Bears

Name
Jeremy
Edit My Images
Yes
I was lucky to have visited Churchill on Hudson Bay, Canada last week. I was very late in the season, and hence most of the bears had departed onto the sea ice, but I did have a few memorable encounters.

8216996381_ef13b6c0a1_b.jpg

8218080506_a081a194b3_b.jpg

8217007347_b057031285_b.jpg

8217008839_b116b64694_b.jpg

Brilliant, the 5th pic being my favourite :)

Very, very memorable shots. I assume that you were in a protective vehicle or similar?

Very, very memorable shots. I assume that you were in a protective vehicle or similar?

Yes, these pictures were taken from a tundra buggy, which are specially constructed for viewing polar bears. You really don't want to be on foot around these creatures!

Wonderful captures there something that will stick with you for a long time I bet !, looks bloody cold especially the first of the 2nd set with what looks like the dusty snow blowing across the scene

Very beautiful images. The atmosphere in No.5 is terrific. Thanks for sharing.

Must have been a fantastic experience to have been able to view the bears in their natural enviroment. Awesome set of a wonderful but most dangerous of creatures.

Very nice set
Not often I'm really jealous of a location/subject but......grrrrrrrr

Yes, these pictures were taken from a tundra buggy, which are specially constructed for viewing polar bears. You really don't want to be on foot around these creatures!

Or within their smelling distance - thanks, Jeremy (y)

Absolutely fantastic set. You're so very lucky!

Cracking set 3 is hilarious but 5 is my favourite

Your very lucky

Cracking photos. I started of with motorsport photography and urbex but im really starting to like landscape and I would love to give animal photography ago too.

The last picture is my favourite, it really gives you some sort of perspective on how expansive and baron the land is beyond the bear.

The last picture is my favourite, it really gives you some sort of perspective on how expansive and baron the land is beyond the bear.

A fantastic set of pics and cute animals.
As above said, nice to see the animal in is enviroment and a sence of perspective.

Phorrr.... what an awesome set!! I bet you're chuffed to bits!! :D

I was lucky to have visited Churchill on Hudson Bay, Canada last week. I was very late in the season, and hence most of the bears had departed onto the sea ice, but I did have a few memorable encounters.

This is a great collection of images. Personally I feel the PP is letting them down, and you could really start to make some of the images pop.

You have a lot of space on the RHS of your histragrams, and using luminosity masks should allow you to start getting more pop without blowing the highlights.

A good start in PS;

1) CTrl + Alt +2
2) INverse the selection
3) create a curves layer
4) Watch the image pop.

Here is a quick example to take one of the images to the next level

8217007347_b057031285_b.jpg

Thank-you so much for taking the time to demonstrate this to me. I agree the images I posted appear under exposed. I shoot in RAW and use Lightroom to process the images, so I'll have a play with its curves tool.

Thank-you so much for taking the time to demonstrate this to me. I agree the images I posted appear under exposed. I shoot in RAW and use Lightroom to process the images, so I'll have a play with its curves tool.

No worries, the issue with LR is the ability to mask via luminosity, which I have not figured how to do....

Perhaps Santa can deliver PS for you :)

Drop me a line if you need any help.

+1 for pic 5, absolutely stunning

Just come back to these. I'm still green with envy.

Back