Polars at play

#3 is not inviting me to play as I know these guys!
Looks like you had a good time watching them and picked
some better moments to trigger!

Your first shot, Russ, is a tad too bright but has a good WB.
The whole set has rather inconstant renditions.

Were they all in together again Russ. A few weeks ago, Victor and Pixel were separated as the staff are a little concerned about Vic being left out by the 3 youngsters. When I was there on Sunday, I only saw 2 of the youngsters out playing.

Looks like you had a good time watching them and picked
some better moments to trigger!
- Thanks Daniel :) - Yes it was a very good photo day as usual at YWP. I am very fortunate, I live very close so that I can see some Polar Bear activity there from my own back-garden - at a safe distance of course!
The renditions are indeed inconsistent (I just knew you would be on my case ;)). Explanation: there are two large enclosures each with a small lake (but facing in different geographic directions) and, as the Polars can move freely about from enclosure to enclosure and in/out the lakes, and that "softbox in the sky" varied over the morning, and each of the 4 Bears has a different shade of summer coat, I was struggling to get colour and rendition consistency. Hope that makes sense!

Russ

....Were they all in together again Russ
- Hi Nick. It was last Thursday when I was there, and they were being fed at 10am as I arrived. The meat was spread around/hidden in the 2 enclosures and all four bears were released one at a time to wander freely into either enclosure. Victor and Pixel were playing together a lot during the morning (I since learned that Pixel is Victor's grandson). I look forward to the third enclosure being completed, and more Polars arriving at YWP.

Russ

(I just knew you would be on my case ;))

Right! ;)

May I respectfully suggest…

IMG_9402pp.jpg

IMG_9435pp.jpg

I say respectfully as you are a bear friend! :cool:

Vous m'en voyez, cher Monsieur, très honoré!
Toute ma gratitude! ;)

Back