Police Helicopter

Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
Yesterday morning a robbery took place at a local store in which the offender threatened staff with a knife. Police cars were passing by our home for a good while and this helicopter was brought in too .A youth was arrested , according to a report in local press. He'd also carried out another shop robbery on Thursday.

I see the observer has his eye on me. Lol. Taken with a Sigma 150-600mm on a 7D11 1/160sec f8. ISO 100. and taken from our garden.

I think this is a Eurocopter EC-135.
2 (2 of 1).jpg

Last edited:
Nice shot. Yes it’s a 135. Often in these sorts of jobs, the mk.1 eyeball is the best tool for the job when looking for the bad guys.

Thanks. The 150-600mm lens must have looked quite large to him. I did an edit after you looked and infact the offender was arrested.
https://www.gloucestershirelive.co....ge-boy-arrested-connection-gloucester-4139161

They're very noisy and sometimes in the early hours I used look out of the bedroom window expecting to see them..sort of low..but no, a small light way up so I don't get up now. Not that it's a regular occurrence round here you understand.......just now and then...:LOL:

Probably arrested for not observing the 2-metre rule! :LOL:

I read in my newspaper today, that 44 of those charged under the Corona virus Act for failing to conform to 'stay at home' legislation had the charges withdrawn because it was designed to give police powers to direct potentially-infected people to a screening centre/hospital.They've been told that NFA will be taken A further 12 also had charges withdrawn for being wrongfully charged under the Health Protection (Corona virus) Regulations and usually involved Welsh Regs being applied in England..lol. So far 230 cases have been reviewed under both sets of laws. All a bit of a mess,really.

I read in my newspaper today, that 44 of those charged under the Corona virus Act for failing to conform to 'stay at home' legislation had the charges withdrawn because it was designed to give police powers to direct potentially-infected people to a screening centre/hospital.They've been told that NFA will be taken A further 12 also had charges withdrawn for being wrongfully charged under the Health Protection (Corona virus) Regulations and usually involved Welsh Regs being applied in England..lol. So far 230 cases have been reviewed under both sets of laws. All a bit of a mess,really.

WTF has that got to do with photography?

Wrong forum.

Rude? Someone starts spouting off on one of the photo forums and you think that I am rude?

Yes I do. he started the thread and the comment was relevant to the subject.

Sounds like someone stressed out to me, Roger. It's called 'kick the dog' syndrome. Thanks for responding to him..I won't. His response says more about him than me for posting it. He can't even do it without using obscene language too. I'll put him on ignore.

Sounds like someone stressed out to me, Roger. It's called 'kick the dog' syndrome. Thanks for responding to him..I won't. His response says more about him than me for posting it. He can't even do it without using obscene language too. I'll put him on ignore.
No doubt wuld have just told him to "move along" in the past John eh? :police:

No doubt wuld have just told him to "move along" in the past John eh? :police:

I doubt it, considering my previous employment (hence clicking on the thread in the first place).

I hadn't realised that it was the OP commenting but that still doesn't escape the fact that therer are other forums for that sort of discussion..

I doubt it, considering my previous employment (hence clicking on the thread in the first place).

I hadn't realised that it was the OP commenting but that still doesn't escape the fact that therer are other forums for that sort of discussion..

Apology no doubt accepted.

Back