Police in action

Name
Garry Edwards
Edit My Images
No
Long story short.
I had reason to become concerned about an elderly neighbour, not very capable and definitely vulnerable.
2 people, a man and a woman, had clearly moved in with him and I didn't like the look of them. She looks like (and turns out to be) a street prostitute, he looks like (and is) a thug, no eye contact, eyes everywhere.

So I phoned the police, spoke to a female Sgt. Her computer told her that social services had been there and were aware of the situation but saw nothing wrong. I described the couple, she was able to describe them much better, both are very well known to the police.

About an hour later I got a phone call from another officer. He told me that he had been round there, spoken to the pair of them and turfed them out and 'offered them words of advice'.

I think that a lot of people reading this forum know what I think of certain senior police officers in another force, following my son's experience with them, but the actions of the police in this case could not have been better or quicker, and this is a case that is never going to hit the news or do anything for their statistics.

Good to hear, well done on your alert action and the action of the police :)

ACAB???? Nah!!

Can't really be denied that SCAB though!

Good action by the police (y)

Well done Gary should be more people like you out there.
All that I did was what anyone else would/should do. What this is about is the fact that the police dealt with the problem quickly and effectively.

Sorry yes th epolice did a great job to sorry i should have said that as well..

Good job on both sides, really - too many of us these days don't know our neighbours so aren't as (willing or) able to notice when things change, so don't report quickly (or at all). Great job by the police for going round and having a word as well - puts them on notice....but hopefully an eye will be kept on them if known and/or others do as good a job of looking after elderly neighbours as Garry did.

Back