Critique Polperro, Cornwall.

Good compositions on all four Polperro is a beautiful place and you've captured it well.

Your white balance looks a little off to me.

Yes, WB is a little on the blue side, but lovely image nonetheless.

Good compositions on all four Polperro is a beautiful place and you've captured it well.

Your white balance looks a little off to me.

my thoughts...its the blue of the sky and sea...some pp programmes will do an auto adjust
but i like the mood...spring is a cumin in

2 and 4 for me. Just booked a few days near here in May, fingers will be crossed until then for good weather!

One of my favourite places. I took one framed almost exactly the same as the anchor shot at the start of a walk from there to Looe along the coast path last year.

Agree with all the other comments, I'd just tweak the WB to warm them up slightly.

I’ve always struggled with composition of those shots of harbour views, I think it’s the fact they always seem to busy, cluttered in my OCD mind. Which bizarrely, is what makes them attractive, now there’s a contradiction in terms. I like the last as Steve says. The diagonals work really well and I think that orange fishing boat in foreground right makes a great focal point. I reckon that last shot and even perhaps #1&2 would make some interesting night shots.

Back