Pond, fall and willows

Would you be offended if I said it's really not working for me? Too much of the bottom right grassy area, not enough pond and no real focus point to the composition. The colours also look a tad over saturated, which is causing everything to blend into each other and losing any kind of definition, it's all way too busy looking imo.

The more interesting shot would have been having that waterfall and watering can as foreground interest with the cottage/willows creating the backdrop, though I can see that getting that may have been a tad awkward due to the layout, would probably require some tummu crawling on the bank ;)

I do think there is a good photo in there, just that you missed it this time, but if you go back, look for more interesting angles, obviously depending on how much access you can get. :)

I must preamble this by saying that I am totally colour-blind. I too don't want to offend but the first image does look very busy and good luck on the jig-saw front. :) But is it my eyesight or is it very "orangey"?

I don't mind the scenes themselves. ...I find them quite Monet-esque.
I do have to agree with others regarding oversaturation though.

Back