Poppies on a misty morning

Name
Dave
Edit My Images
Yes
Visited a field of poppies a few times and was lucky enough to drop on a perfect morning last weekend.

I was soaked from the waist down after navigating the tyre tracks but it was worth it to be out on such a wonderful morning.

Not sure the 3am wake up alarm felt so wonderful though :)
Field of Dreams by Dave Semmens, on Flickr

Dave.

Last edited:
Lovely shot, well worth the early start I'd say!

I love this shot, I am visiting my parents tonight and might try and get an evening shot of the poppy field behind their house. My gut feeling is I need to be there in the morning for sunrise, but I will give it a go!! :)

Evocative and moody shot. I really like it.
As said previously, the early start and wet pants make it worthwhile.

I love this shot, I am visiting my parents tonight and might try and get an evening shot of the poppy field behind their house. My gut feeling is I need to be there in the morning for sunrise, but I will give it a go!! :)

I do prefer sunrise as it is normally much quieter (well it is at 4:30am :) ) and there is always the chance of mist. But poppies look great in most light.

Very attractive, peaceful image.

Very nice image. Love the mist too. Worth getting up for. There's a Poppy field near a small town not far from me but I don't know where it is. I did think about going to look for it last year but I think I definitely will this year. I'll just have to drive around to see if I can find it!

Very nice image. Love the mist too. Worth getting up for. There's a Poppy field near a small town not far from me but I don't know where it is. I did think about going to look for it last year but I think I definitely will this year. I'll just have to drive around to see if I can find it!

Thanks Joel - I use local photography groups on Facebook to try and locate interesting locations. Always worth giving that a try.

Very peaceful Dave, and well worth getting wet for. I think the mist gives it a little extra but lovely colours throughout the image. I'm sure this is worth printing.

Back