Poppies

Love it

Number 1 all the way.
What a pleasure it must be to stand in that meadow and simply take it all in.

Both nice examples of the shot but I cannot help but think that timing it once the sun had dipped and the sky was colourful would be more interesting or indeed shooting when the sun was behind you - it would be a very different type of image but would work well

Both nice examples of the shot but I cannot help but think that timing it once the sun had dipped and the sky was colourful would be more interesting or indeed shooting when the sun was behind you - it would be a very different type of image but would work well
On both nights this was as colourful as it got. I was hoping for one of those skies where you get the flame red or orange but there was pretty much no colour once the sun had dipped and then you have the added difficulty of the poppies being blown about. The day after shot two there was hardly a Poppy left after Storm Hector ripped through. Must take a look today as there were still loads of heads waiting to bloom

seriously nice photo, number one has just the right scale to ithe foreground poppies so it feels you are actually standing there, really really nice

Country to most I prefer the light in picture 2! Been trying to get out for a week now in our area but between the light and other commitments struggled.

First one is an absolute belter. I can see what you are trying to do with the second and I've tried the same before too but the warm dreamy feel of the first suits the subject better IMO.

Back