Port of Felixstowe HDR

If you don't mind me expressing my personal views, I find this photograph confusing because it contains three separate elements. The sky, the sea, and the container port. My eyes don't know which to look at as there isn't a gentle transition between them.

Also I'm not a fan of milky water, but that's another topic! :)

Actually, I like it. I saw it yesterday plus the comment above, which I kind of agreed with, but now i look at it again, it does work for me. I do sometimes wonder if sunset colours really add to images like this but they are not too extreme here.

In fact, you could say it has four elements, the fourth being the wooden posts.

I like it compositionally, with everything well balanced and complimentary. Colour & tone wise it's very striking and stands out, but *for my own preference* I'd like a slightly more natural look to it with the foreground a little darker to match the strongly constrained sky tones.

Good piccie though.

I'm definitely in the 'like it' camp with this one. Composition works for me, great light and the HDR isn't too OTT. A slight darkening of the foreground as mentioned above may make it look a little more natural, but that's very much down to personal taste

Last edited:
Like this a lot Tom...it's also a shot on my list of things to shoot! Bravo!

Back