Critique Porthcawl

• Thread starter Deleted member 74234
  • Start date
The sky is, in my opinion, far too heavy and does not conjure up my vision of Porthcawl on a sunny day. Now, that sort of sky with the waves crashing over the sea wall would be much more exciting.

Interesting composition and one I wasn't expecting from Porthcawl but I think works well. Try the B&W conversion using a different colour filter to lighten the sky.

Ps the afternoon teas from there are great.

Thanks Littletank and Byker28i for the comments.

The problem with this image for is that the subject is not clear, is it about the guy on the bench, the building or the sky. I think you would have had a much stronger image if you had concentrated on the subject that interested you and composed for that rather than the wide shot you have. You may be able to improve it slightly by re-cropping it to change the emphasis of the subject. Whatever was your chosen subject I think it would have looked better with a viewpoint that didn't include the white van. I do like the B&W conversion though and you have managed the building highlights well.

It interests me to see the sky described as heavy, as those are cirrus clouds :LOL:
They are though, one of the clouds that don't really look at their best in BW and as such I like to see them in the blue sky.
I like the composition though. :)

When I described the sky as heavy I meant dark, heavy in that sense not in the thunder cloud sense.

Back