Critique Portland - Unlucky again?

Name
Richard
Edit My Images
Yes
Not having that much opprtunity to venture out to do much photography (yes two young kids to look after), I am always hopeful that when I do I will strike it lucky and capture the most amazing sunrise or sunset. Despite an early morning rise, approx 2:30am, and managing to get down to Portland in good time, it was quickly evident that I was not going to get that killer image on this particular morning. Very little cloud activity and the sea lacking in energy there was little interest that I felt I could capture, that would make my picture pop. Dont get me wrong the scenery is stunning, but the image I had in my head just wasnt going to happen. Hopefully next time when im allowed out I will get something a little better:)

Despite feeling a bit deflated I carried on in true British spirit and did my best. I think I managed to get a few "nice" pics from the morning in the end. Please feel free to give any critique good or bad, it is always appreciated (y)

Thanks for looking :):)

26971805770_7c9805d0f0_z.jpg

27212880736_515fed5aee_z.jpg

27247096155_482b758126_z.jpg

This #3 hits the button for me! I suggested
many times to add a LIT lighthouse in a nice
maritime capture… and there it is, thank you!

Nice little set :)
The only thing bugging me is that the the cliff top on which the LH stands, is bang in line with the sea horizon.
That sort of doesn't "compute" well from my eyes to my brain :LOL:
Love the lit LH is #3

This #3 hits the button for me! I suggested
many times to add a LIT lighthouse in a nice
maritime capture… and there it is, thank you!

Thanks Kodiak. Apreciate your comment. Glad you like it (y)

3 superb image i like it a lot, would be proud to call it mine

Thats very kind. Many thanks for your comment. (y)

Nice little set :)
The only thing bugging me is that the the cliff top on which the LH stands, is bang in line with the sea horizon.
That sort of doesn't "compute" well from my eyes to my brain :LOL:
Love the lit LH is #3

Thank you. I do see what you mean now. Never really thought about it before. Thanks for your comment (y)

You have to make the most of what you get so good on you. Like the composition of 1, when you get the conditions it will be bonzer and I'd say 3 makes it worth the effort.

Prefer 1 & 2 over 3 purely for the light & time it was taken ;)

Certainly images not to be sniffed at!!

Many thanks Lee. Appreciate your comment (y)

You have to make the most of what you get so good on you. Like the composition of 1, when you get the conditions it will be bonzer and I'd say 3 makes it worth the effort.

Many thanks. Hope to go again soon, fingers crossed for that gorgeous sunrise :). Glad you like them (y)

As another parent of 2 young Boys i feel your pain! Many a perfect weather forecast have i sighed, knowing i will be at sports club, or play date or something on a similar vein!

But You make the most of what you can get on the days out! You've Done well here, 3 is my pick. i love the effect of the lit Light house,.

As another parent of 2 young Boys i feel your pain! Many a perfect weather forecast have i sighed, knowing i will be at sports club, or play date or something on a similar vein!

But You make the most of what you can get on the days out! You've Done well here, 3 is my pick. i love the effect of the lit Light house,.
Ha, at least im not alone ☺. Thank you, appreciate your comment

Back