Portobello Long Exposures

Name
Simon
Edit My Images
Yes
I haven't been out for a few weeks so I looked local today to try and get my eyeback in. Hoping to get a couple of good trips in the next month so wanted to get my shutter finger limbered up. I headed down to Portobello in Edinburgh to take a few long exposures knowing the tide would allow me to access the beach and get some shots of my favourite Poo Pipe Marker. I'm trying to blog my adventures as a warm up to joining the vlogging masses. It's quite therapeutic but I would welcome any thoughts on the website and blogs as they are pretty new and I haven'y had a site for years.

Porty's Eifell Tower by Simon Wootton, on Flickr

Porty's Eifell Tower by Simon Wootton, on Flickr

Portobello Groyne by Simon Wootton, on Flickr

I like these a lot, clean and simple

Love all 3!
No.1 for me though I think, would look great as a print

Great blog too....
Is the best time to go half way between high and low tide in terms of water level etc.

Last edited:
Great blog too....
Is the best time to go half way between high and low tide in terms of water level etc.

You need the tide height to be around 2.5 metres looking at the Leith Tide height. Much less and it is surrounded by beach and much more and you can't get to where you need to. It's one of my most visited spots and I am just waiting for everything to align to get some colour in the sky. Cheers for the comment on the blog, much appreciated.

Back