Portobello Road

I really like this, interesting bloke, nicely framed. I normally try to avoid cutting people at the knee or below, I don't know why, it works!

Anyway, I'm most interested in the PP, great effect! Those dirty BG buildings and sky, works a treat. :D

Nice scene but personally not keen on the processing, too washed out for my personal taste. :)

Interesting subject and I like the composition although it is a wee bit tight. The washed out look is to taste and suits mine too. What I like most in this shot is the depth of field and teh fact we know the subject but we can see the market and the old guy hugging the woman in the background. Nice street shot.

Nice depth of field. The subject stands out due to a little extremely clever selective colouring???

Thanks for the comments and feedback guys.

I'm trying a new pp routine for some of my street work.

Capture One, RAW, Classic Chrome, adjust highlight & Shadows in C1. Export to Photoshop (only because I prefer cropping and cloning (if needed) in PS, only just started using C1. Then imported into Analog Efex Pro 2, Classic Camera 3, delete vignetting and dirt / scratches.

I understand the washed out effect is not to everyone's taste, i'm experimenting. I love SOOC Classic Chrome but sometimes it's just a bit too clinical.

As for composition on this one, I turned around and he was there so shot from the hip using the screen, normally i'd shoot from further away and I was actually lining up the huggers in the background for a potential shot. Sometimes opportunities present themselves.

Back