Portrait C&C welcome

Hi Jez,

I'm on my uncalibrated laptop so bear that in mind, but the exposure looks decent (although the forehead looks a bit hot) and the light is perfectly okay for a shot like this. I like the styling of the model too.

Okay, now onto the problems. The background is messy - especially behind the hair. A white background really has to be completely white to be effective because every flaw stands out.

The biggest issue is the expression you've captured. I can't believe that this is the best one you have because your model looks half asleep. A portrait has to have character and draw you in.

Hi Jez,

I'm on my uncalibrated laptop so bear that in mind, but the exposure looks decent (although the forehead looks a bit hot) and the light is perfectly okay for a shot like this. I like the styling of the model too.

Okay, now onto the problems. The background is messy - especially behind the hair. A white background really has to be completely white to be effective because every flaw stands out.

The biggest issue is the expression you've captured. I can't believe that this is the best one you have because your model looks half asleep. A portrait has to have character and draw you in.

thanks for the input Dean, completely agree with your points..cheers.

Back