Portrait software

Edit My Images
No
hi,
I have recently had some pictures done professionally of my dogs via Venture. I loved them especially how they use white and the picture is so crisp.
My question is...... what software can I use to create pictures like them as in my dogs, but on a white background? I have several photo shop versions, but I want a better one (also i have never quite understood how to use them properly, very complicated).
Cost isnt an issue within reason. I have a white backdrop, but how crisp and white they have edited it, was not how white their background was originally.
Many thanks
L x

Ask them how they do it, who photographed your dogs.
I think the shot would be much nicer without the hats & jacket to be honest
Check you tube, lots of tutorials on there

hi,
I have recently had some pictures done professionally of my dogs via Venture. I loved them especially how they use white and the picture is so crisp.
My question is...... what software can I use to create pictures like them as in my dogs, but on a white background? I have several photo shop versions, but I want a better one (also i have never quite understood how to use them properly, very complicated).
Cost isnt an issue within reason. I have a white backdrop, but how crisp and white they have edited it, was not how white their background was originally.
Many thanks
L x

Hi L, Are you after a photoshop plugin that makes the back ground whiter? TBH, it really is one of the easiest things to do in photoshop providing you have a good image as a starting point. The "crisp"ness comes from curves and levels adjustments done also in PS with a well focused base image. I doubt they spent too long editing this picture. I dont know of a plugin that allows you to press a button and do what you are wanting!

Take some time to learn as advised above- YouTube is a great resource- and you will enjoy the results!

Not the answer you are looking for, but the real trick here is lighting the background properly when taking the photo against your white background; enough power to overexpose it (so you don't see the wrinkles etc), but not so much as to spill onto the subject (the dogs in this case). If you've got a spare speedlight or one of the cheap clones (£20-30), it's not too difficult to pull off.

I think the shot would be much nicer without the hats & jacket to be honest
Thanks but it was a shoot to promote my new line of pet accessories, so the clothes needed to be on them.

I will look into all that has been suggested, thank you all for your advice/help. xx

Sorry about that then, I thought they were images of your dogs, that venture had dressed up,
Check you tube or Google how to get the background white etc. It's nice to watch at your own pace too. Enjoy

I'd just like to be able to do my own pictures without paying Venture £1000's for a few shots. Plus I actually enjoy taking the pictures, just want them to look a bit more professional, if that makes sense.
Thank you all x

you could try lighting the background with a flood light to blow it out its cheap and nasty but may just give you what your looking for, trial and error what stuff do you have ie speed lights etc , ps nice dogs i have a friend that breeds them

Where are you based? I would be happy to do some shots for you (I wouldn't charge you a grand either). As discussed above, if you want to try yourself, use a Speedlight on full power directly on the background (the room I use ha white walls and ceiling) and then a second off camera flash (I use a shoot though umbrella) to light the subject. With correct settings subject is nicely exposed and the background is totally blown. Any areas not totally white for whatever reason can be sorted in post using dodge tool.

The main reason I used Venture was, I had tried a few locals and they wouldnt do animal pics, incase someone after us was allergic. So I got tired of the same reply. Venture were happy to do them.
you could try lighting the background with a flood light to blow it out its cheap and nasty but may just give you what your looking for, trial and error what stuff do you have ie speed lights etc , ps nice dogs i have a friend that breeds them
Thank you. I show and breed them.
I have just a bridge camera, a back drop and umbrella lights. Not the best set up, but i am only just starting to get into it.
I will deffinately look into a speedlight and maybe a better camera.
Take a look at Garry Edwards's lighting tutorials on the Lencarta blog.
Alternatively, any local photographer with a studio should be able to do similar for far less than Venture charge.
Thanks i will have a look x

Back