Portrait

Name
Matt
Edit My Images
No
Hi all

I bought a lastolite background from Markyboy this Saturday and had a quick go at using it.
I don't normally shoot people normally just my dog so any pointers and tips will be greatly appreciated....
This was a Ad600 with octabox with grid for main light and a Ad200 from behind.

EK3F7396 by matt baker, on Flickr

Looks good. I'd dial down the light coming from camera left.

Thank you for replying, I'd taken a couple of shots without the flash from behind. Then asked the missus to handhold the flash for me, just trying out the effects of it. I had my dog running around at the same time so was a bit manic. I would have put it on a light stand directly behind him if I had all my gear but only took one light stand, which my main light was on. Hopefully that would give a nice rim light?

Looks good. I'd dial down the light coming from camera left.

and that distracting T shirt motif...
the pirelli motif is not helping here imho...its face vs pirelli...
if you crop just up and beyond the pirelli clash you may notice the higlights in the chaps eyes and still retain a bit of upright format
cheers
geof

and that distracting T shirt motif...
the pirelli motif is not helping here imho...its face vs pirelli...
if you crop just up and beyond the pirelli clash you may notice the higlights in the chaps eyes and still retain a bit of upright format
cheers
geof

Well it was either the Inter shirt or Italian national shirt that he was going to wear, being a teenager I can't believe I got him to smile;)
Good point about the sponsors logo, thanks Geof

Looking good Matt. Liking the light and the textures captured. Plus you caught your lad just right, happy and looking at ease. Very natural :)

Gaz

Nice shot (version 2)... shows his character. :)

Last edited:
Back