B&W Portraits With A Twist....

Shouldn't that first be NSFW? :D

I like these a lot Iain. Up to your usual creative standard. I'm finding myself deconstructing the shapes and shadows. I could be here all night.

Oh sh*t, I dont have a constructive bone in my body by this standard.

Beachy Head here I come..............:jawdrop:

Last edited:
Shouldn't that first be NSFW? :D

I like these a lot Iain. Up to your usual creative standard. I'm finding myself deconstructing the shapes and shadows. I could be here all night.

:D Thanks Darren.
NSFW, ;) you could be right haha.

Oh sh*t, I dont have a constructive bone in my body by this standard.

Beachy Head here I come..............:jawdrop:

Thanks Ian :D
Constructive? or creative?

tremendous,unusual, a lot of thought and effort has gone into these shots.

Super idea Iain - haven't seen that done before and it's brilliant. I'm guessing it must have taken a little while to do but the end result is absolutely worth it.

Thanks Paul, not an original idea but one I enjoyed creating for myself.
The first one, the woman took ages to set up to get just right but the man was a lot quicker having sussed it.

I love your creativity! :)

Thank you Maria :)

They're both a load of blocks imo.

:D comedian :mooning:

Saw these in Flickr and book face. Love the creativity of these! [emoji106][emoji119][emoji119]

Thank you Shaheed (y)

tremendous,unusual, a lot of thought and effort has gone into these shots.

Thank you Heath (y)

Fantastic, love the thought thats gone into these

Thanks Hugh, it was a little frustrating to get the shadows falling just right but I am pleased with the result.

That are very cool, loving your imagination

Thanks Adam (y)

well thought out and well executed- I love them

Les

Thanks Les (y)

Inspired - and I love the attention to detail.

Thanks Simon :)

Brilliant! Love them, I can't imagine the time it took to get them just right!

Thanks Rich, a fair bit of time for the woman but the man took a lot less time as I had sussed the set up.

A bit more wooden than your recent stuff ;)
I love your creativity, you do come up with some amazing images at times.

:D Thanks Mark.
Some would argue that it's not difficult photography, anyone could take these photos just by pointing their camera at it.
They would have a point, it's like graffiti photographs, it's someone else's art but for me this was a lighting/creative exercise.

More importantly, it took me away from what seems to have been my only subject for the past year and that's my stranger project.

I'm just thinking out loud with the above Mark, not in response to your comments above :)

…after all the previous, I think I can only add…
I like that!

Can't say anything other than what's been said already.. Love them, it's always nice to see what else your mind will come up with next :D

Can't say anything other than what's been said already.. Love them, it's always nice to see what else your mind will come up with next :D

Thanks T :D
It's been a while since I've shot this kind of subject. I do enjoy the creating of these still life and photographing them.

:D Thanks Mark.
Some would argue that it's not difficult photography, anyone could take these photos just by pointing their camera at it.
They would have a point, it's like graffiti photographs, it's someone else's art but for me this was a lighting/creative exercise.

More importantly, it took me away from what seems to have been my only subject for the past year and that's my stranger project.

I'm just thinking out loud with the above Mark, not in response to your comments above :)
It's a similar thing to the forks and pebbles you used in your 52, to some people they are just forks and small rocks :)

It's a similar thing to the forks and pebbles you used in your 52, to some people they are just forks and small rocks :)

Exactly!
There's something lost in translation if viewers don't realise that I am both the creator and photographer I think.

Exactly!
There's something lost in translation if viewers don't realise that I am both the creator and photographer I think.

Just to add, I'm perfectly fine with that, I've never purported that it's difficult photography, I just enjoy the whole creative process!

I was already a big fan. But this is a whole other thing, and they're flipping brilliant. :clap::clap::clap:

I was already a big fan. But this is a whole other thing, and they're flipping brilliant. :clap::clap::clap:

Again such kind comments :D

Thanks Phil, still life are a bit of a default subject for me.
I keep on returning to them. This, I must admit gave me a great deal of satisfaction in creating.

Ian

What a great idea, really like the two.
Inspired me to add this to my to do list.

Ian

What a great idea, really like the two.
Inspired me to add this to my to do list.

Thanks Alan, good luck with having a go with this, it's frustrating but ultimately satisfying achieving an outcome.

Very clever mate.

Back