South-East England Portsmouth and surrounding areas

Name
Adam
Edit My Images
Yes
Going to be down in Portsmouth for a couple of nights from Sunday for work by myself so thinking about taking the new camera along with me to alleviate some of the boredom. Are there any good spots around Portsmouth area to photograph at all?

Going to be down in Portsmouth for a couple of nights from Sunday for work by myself so thinking about taking the new camera along with me to alleviate some of the boredom. Are there any good spots around Portsmouth area to photograph at all?

Old Portsmouth is good at night by the spice island or go onto portsdown Hill for cityscapes

Ah good shout thanks. I'll have a wonder around there, if the weather is good enough :)

You're welcome. The walk along the sea front from Southsea takes you past some old fort type structures, and there's a good pub at the end of the walk, Spice Island, which seems to give the only unobstructed views of the Spinnaker Tower from that side of Portsmouth Harbour. Enjoy.

I second Mark twiglet's advice about Portsdown.
If you avoid the rush hours it's a fifteen minute drive from the centre of Portsmouth.
Terrific views over (the island of) Portsmouth and Southsea and The Solent from the carparks and laybys along the ridge, but there is nearly always a lot of haze whatever the weather.
There are also some interesting buildings and armaments up there.

Back