Posiview's TP52 2017 I’m done....

I am going for the triptych, both work though, its disgraceful the amount of rubbish dumped in beauty spots and this shows the problem to great effect

Reminds me of the old show Stig of the dump, looks a lovely place spoilt by morons. (y)

Aw what a shame ... disrespectful and callous people. So much for the viewer to see in the main image and composition works really well - is the mistake to do with the slight blurring of your left hand? If it is that, it doesn't really bother. I also like the centre one of the triptych - the tyres provide an excellent lead-in to the cave.

I am going for the triptych, both work though, its disgraceful the amount of rubbish dumped in beauty spots and this shows the problem to great effect

Reminds me of the old show Stig of the dump, looks a lovely place spoilt by morons. (y)

Cheers.

Aw what a shame ... disrespectful and callous people. So much for the viewer to see in the main image and composition works really well - is the mistake to do with the slight blurring of your left hand? If it is that, it doesn't really bother. I also like the centre one of the triptych - the tyres provide an excellent lead-in to the cave.

Ah, my hand, saw that...not the mistake, though :)

Cheers.

I hope you didn't succumb to any splinters during the making of this photo. That is a whole lot of what you said and rubbish.o_O

I like `em both, but think the mail single one has more impact. Crazy what some people do.

Hi Andy sorry it's taken a while for me to drop by,

Song/Lyric - Love this some great colours and details I really want to have a go at some long exposure when i get the chance.

Order - Great panels of images love the processing and the expressions

Comfort - I really like that some great details and a funny (sorry I did laugh) of how you ended up deciding to take it!

Hairy - Now those are quite disturbing :eek: great effort though

Smooth - Erm no idea why it is!

Mineral - Wow that is amazing very well executed.

Whole - Amazing details in those Andy and they fit the theme perfectly for me. This sort of thing really p£$4es me off

Yup, first one for me. The rubbish does look quite old, probably the local farmer's tip back in the day.

Well I'm not sure what the mistake is, other than you could have tidied up a bit first before taking the shot, there are a few stray odd's and ends :D

What a shocking state, nice choice for the theme Andy, but damn that makes me feel angry :banghead:

Minor mistake, 3rd in the triptych was @f2.8

The first shot for me Andy - your face says it all.

Indeed :mad:

I hope you didn't succumb to any splinters during the making of this photo. That is a whole lot of what you said and rubbish.o_O

No splinters :)

I like `em both, but think the mail single one has more impact. Crazy what some people do.
\\

Yeah, lazy buggers :)

Hi Andy sorry it's taken a while for me to drop by,

Song/Lyric - Love this some great colours and details I really want to have a go at some long exposure when i get the chance.

Order - Great panels of images love the processing and the expressions

Comfort - I really like that some great details and a funny (sorry I did laugh) of how you ended up deciding to take it!

Hairy - Now those are quite disturbing :eek: great effort though

Smooth - Erm no idea why it is!

Mineral - Wow that is amazing very well executed.

Whole - Amazing details in those Andy and they fit the theme perfectly for me. This sort of thing really p£$4es me off

Thanks for the catch up (y)

Smooth is an earphone :)

Yup, first one for me. The rubbish does look quite old, probably the local farmer's tip back in the day.

Yeah, there was more, some newer :mad:

Cheers.

It's disgraceful, but a good photo opportunity. The triptych doesn't quite work for me, but the selfie does.

Blimey what an appalling mess.

#1 for me, your face says it all @Emja

You wouldn't catch me sitting on that seat.

There are some dirty b**tids about aren't there? :(

Both work for me Andy, but I think the triptych has the edge.

First one for me too. Reminds me of an 'un-official' trip down a mine shaft and the amount of crap that had been dumped down it over the years, even an old Austin 7 !!

What do you use for stacking Andy, as that's really well done, and my attempt was an abysmal failure.
Do you have a pet tutorial?

Triptych for me for Whole, not sure why, maybe the way you have a tyre is approximately the same position in each shot.

Blimey what an appalling mess.

#1 for me, your face says it all @Emja

You wouldn't catch me sitting on that seat.

There are some dirty b**tids about aren't there? :(

Both work for me Andy, but I think the triptych has the edge.

First one for me too. Reminds me of an 'un-official' trip down a mine shaft and the amount of crap that had been dumped down it over the years, even an old Austin 7 !!

nice original take on the theme, how far is it from a road? surely it would take less effort to take all that stuff down to the local tip? i really like the triptych.

Hi Andy, the first one for me, as has been said before, it's your body language that gives it more impact.

Thanks, all.

The seat was pretty grubby but I'll do owt for a theme :)

What do you use for stacking Andy, as that's really well done, and my attempt was an abysmal failure.
Do you have a pet tutorial?

Triptych for me for Whole, not sure why, maybe the way you have a tyre is approximately the same position in each shot.

Hi, Tim @LC2 do you mean taking the photographs or processing?

I don't focus stack with my focus ring IYSWIM, I have one of these , but this might be better as I don't use the sideways movement.

It's actually quite easy...or maybe I've done so many it feels easy. Let me know.

Cheers.

Hi Andy,
I actually meant the software for combining the images into a single stacked image.
I was attempting to take the shots but attempting to minutely adjust the focus point in manual (whilst on a tripod, and using a remote shutter release in live mode to try to get everything static).

Those rails look interesting, and nowhere near as expensive as I thought they would be!

Those rails look interesting, and nowhere near as expensive as I thought they would be!
That was my thought too, at that price its certainly worth a "play"

Hi Andy,
I actually meant the software for combining the images into a single stacked image.
I was attempting to take the shots but attempting to minutely adjust the focus point in manual (whilst on a tripod, and using a remote shutter release in live mode to try to get everything static).

I use PS. Open in LR, select photographs and 'edit in', 'open as layers in photoshop', in PS, select all, then, if needed, Edit, 'auto align layers', then edit, 'auto blend' (stack images, seamless tones), Layer, 'flatten image'. Done.

Always best to get the photographs right 'in camera'. I usually use my Nikon 105mm that has a very, very shallow DOF, so I often have to take a lot of photographs.

There are other stacking softwares but PS does what I need.

One thing I do to save some hassle, is use my camera's invervalometer to take a photograph every, say, 3 seconds then I don't have to press the shutter button :)

Cheers.

That was my thought too, at that price its certainly worth a "play"

Indeed, work a treat.

Cheers.

Whole - well you are not wrong when you say that is a whole lots of S**T, I have no idea why people have got to spoil our countryside, woodland areas or any other are for that matter with dumping there rubbish. Both images are bang on for the theme and I think the look on your face in the first pic says it all for me. I do like the triptych as well, nice to see a different take on the theme just dont like to see all the rubbish.

Wow that really is a whole lot of rubbish. What a shame. I like the first pic with your arms stretched out, says it all really.

Whole - well you are not wrong when you say that is a whole lots of S**T, I have no idea why people have got to spoil our countryside, woodland areas or any other are for that matter with dumping there rubbish. Both images are bang on for the theme and I think the look on your face in the first pic says it all for me. I do like the triptych as well, nice to see a different take on the theme just dont like to see all the rubbish.

Wow that really is a whole lot of rubbish. What a shame. I like the first pic with your arms stretched out, says it all really.

Thank's it was disgraceful.

Cheers.

Aweful.

Decided not to post in the Photos only thread so I can sneak under the radar, and because I've not commented on a single submission this week. Never done that before :(

Anyway, no comments needed as it's a poor shoehorn.

Moving onto week 7....swiftly.

Cheers.

Week ? Poor by aNdy sHeader, on Flickr

I won't comment on the photo since you said not to but don't worry about the commenting, there's plenty of commenting going on, you've done your fair share in the past and I'm sure you'll get back to it when you can. (y)

She is so smart and what a wonderful daughter. This badge, something she is clearly proud of, well done Isabelle.:clap:

Nice portraits, really like the 3rd, mine was in the Sea Cadets and there was plenty of routine then, mostly me routinely taking her to and from the cadet hut twice a week!

She is so smart and what a wonderful daughter. This badge, something she is clearly proud of, well done Isabelle.:clap:

Very well done Isabelle on joining the RAF (y) Great Routine shot Andy, think £20 per photo for your daughter :)

Three lovely captured portrait shots. I take it that'll be her weekly routine of attending the cadet training?

Nice portraits, really like the 3rd, mine was in the Sea Cadets and there was plenty of routine then, mostly me routinely taking her to and from the cadet hut twice a week!

Thanks all, this was one of them occasions where she was ssooooo excited but this was mixed with trying to be 'meh' and cool as a teenager.

Twice a week for us as well :)

Cheers all.

Excellent Andy you must be very proud of her, out of the three I like the second one

Back