Posiview's TP52 2017 I’m done....

Not sure what to make of that, maybe if it had been desaturated to nearly b/w and a little crop off of the left (just to decentralise it).
As with slacking on commenting, i have been very slack and hate myself for it. I really need to be more active and comment more often.

I did consider a crop, but not desaturating or B&W. Thanks for the suggestion.

Awful banding :(

Architectue-Edit by aNdy sHeader, on Flickr

Not so sure about this. But I like your stock photo of the skyline of London ca 1985...

Hmm, unusual shot, unusual in a creative sense. I'm gonna risk showing my ignorance here, but is there any relevance in the pine cone as opposed to anything else or was a gherkin too obvious/cliched?

Comments, I'm terrible too.

it's been done before ..... http://now-here-this.timeout.com/2013/03/14/gherkin-skyscraper-gets-itself-into-a-pickle/

The pine cone is, at least, original. :)

I like the edit.

Thanks for the link to Karl Blossfeldt - not someone I'd heard of. I think the black and white seems more of a homage in some ways. I like the creative thinking at any rate (y)

Think the b&w works best Andy ...it's a fun shot, nowt wrong with that, good bit of editing too.

Thanks for popping by...in spite of me almost being AWOL....:)

White frame, the black seems a bit heavy, if you know what i mean

+1 for white frame. Nice details of the broken tractor, I'm not too sure about the middle bit of that triptych.

I also prefer the white frame, HOWEVER, when viewing it here on a white forum background then it looks more like three separate images, it could almost do with a separate outer or border. (Looks better on flickr with the black background). Is the middle image a bit out-of balance with the other two, lacking a bit of white, albeit rusty white paintwork? Whatever, its a good image and fits the topic. Well done.

Isabelle should put her rates up if you're going to post shots like Large #2 Andy ;)
#1 for me, although the face she's making is funny.

Architecture - It must have taken ages to plaster all that pinecone wallpaper on the outside of the gherkin, and no one stopped you either. Fair play ;)
It feels a bit 2D to me Andy, though I wouldn't have managed any better. The version in the link that @d00d posted looks vaguely phallic, with the textures !!! Probably NSFW

Broken - Blimey, we had a Massey from someone for large, and now David Brown for Broken.
It does look a little worse for wear. I think I prefer the triptych with the black border.

For me, the subject doesnt actually say Broken sadly. It does suggest decay, tired, worn out etc.. but thats splitting hairs.

I like the tryptych and prefer a finer and equal black border.

Hmmmm now that is not what I was expecting for Architecture, maybe a gherkin as the gherkin, but is that a pineapple :D

Broken - Hmmm again... great subject for the theme and a great triptych, the white background is way too bright for me with a black themed background as it distracts way too much from the lovely rusting detail, so for me mate 120% the black frame for me (y)

Broken - Blimey, we had a Massey from someone for large, and now David Brown for Broken.
It does look a little worse for wear. I think I prefer the triptych with the black border.

Last year I posted a pic of a rusty old Allis Chalmer for "Rough" that was brought over from Australia to be restored over here.

The old red DBs fetch good money restored. Anyway this is interesting would like to see more. And without the black framing for me. :)

Broken it is, a nicely put together of the three shots Andy, it looks fit for the knackers yard. Of the two, I like the black framed one, don`t worry about the comments though :)

White frame, the black seems a bit heavy, if you know what i mean

+1 for white frame. Nice details of the broken tractor, I'm not too sure about the middle bit of that triptych.

I also prefer the white frame, HOWEVER, when viewing it here on a white forum background then it looks more like three separate images, it could almost do with a separate outer or border. (Looks better on flickr with the black background). Is the middle image a bit out-of balance with the other two, lacking a bit of white, albeit rusty white paintwork? Whatever, its a good image and fits the topic. Well done.

Isabelle should put her rates up if you're going to post shots like Large #2 Andy ;)
#1 for me, although the face she's making is funny.

Architecture - It must have taken ages to plaster all that pinecone wallpaper on the outside of the gherkin, and no one stopped you either. Fair play ;)
It feels a bit 2D to me Andy, though I wouldn't have managed any better. The version in the link that @d00d posted looks vaguely phallic, with the textures !!! Probably NSFW

White frame for me - the black seems to fade the blacks in the shots too much. Nice details and spot on theme - rust makes such a great subject.

For me, the subject doesnt actually say Broken sadly. It does suggest decay, tired, worn out etc.. but thats splitting hairs.

I like the tryptych and prefer a finer and equal black border.

Hmmmm now that is not what I was expecting for Architecture, maybe a gherkin as the gherkin, but is that a pineapple :D

Broken - Hmmm again... great subject for the theme and a great triptych, the white background is way too bright for me with a black themed background as it distracts way too much from the lovely rusting detail, so for me mate 120% the black frame for me (y)

Last year I posted a pic of a rusty old Allis Chalmer for "Rough" that was brought over from Australia to be restored over here.

The old red DBs fetch good money restored. Anyway this is interesting would like to see more. And without the black framing for me. :)

Thanks all, some good advice there and plenty of room for improvement (y)(y)

Cheers.

Really clever take on the theme I think, could be interpreted in several ways and you could submit it again this week for minimalistic :)

Tust you to come up with an alternative take, very clever to use the leaf's transport mechanism as the subject.
Fantastically sharp in the centre, but with DoF, so presumably not a focus stack? (No exif, so maybe it was FS).

Like your style on Transport Andy, you could say you transport/ed the leaf to upload for the theme :)

Really clever take on the theme I think, could be interpreted in several ways and you could submit it again this week for minimalistic :)

Really like your unique concept of the theme, and such clarity where the focus is.

Tust you to come up with an alternative take, very clever to use the leaf's transport mechanism as the subject.
Fantastically sharp in the centre, but with DoF, so presumably not a focus stack? (No exif, so maybe it was FS).

Very clever idea and well executed, good job.

Very clever idea for transport!

I imagine the stem transporting energy through the veins, but who knows o_O ... excellent photo anyway.

Thanks, all @LC2 iPhone :D

Some good stuff in your project, I found minimalist a bit weird because it seems (to me at least) like one of those "you know it when you see it" things that is hard to define specifically and while your photo above has minimal elements I agree with you that it doesn't feel minimalist.

I like the way the shape of the swan mirrors the ripples on the water. It sounds daft as that must happen frequently, but I've never noticed it before your minimalist image.

I think it fits the theme, but I'm no minimalist expert :D

you might have a point about it not being minimalistic but I do like the water its almost looks painted

Some very interesting photos in your minimalist project, but the photo you posted for the 52 isn't quite minimalist.

I gave up taking swan pics years ago (there's lots in London) but I like this. I must also rethink my aversion to landscape orientation as it works well here.

EDIT OMG ... I meant ... my aversion to portrait orientation ...

if anyone actually reads this rubbish.

Last edited:
Some good stuff in your project, I found minimalist a bit weird because it seems (to me at least) like one of those "you know it when you see it" things that is hard to define specifically and while your photo above has minimal elements I agree with you that it doesn't feel minimalist.

I like the way the shape of the swan mirrors the ripples on the water. It sounds daft as that must happen frequently, but I've never noticed it before your minimalist image.

I think it fits the theme, but I'm no minimalist expert :D

you might have a point about it not being minimalistic but I do like the water its almost looks painted

As you know I love your project so I'm inclined to agree with you, I actually think that just the lower half of the water works best for the theme.

I do agree about it not being a minimalist shot, but I do like it anyway :)

Some very interesting photos in your minimalist project, but the photo you posted for the 52 isn't quite minimalist.

I gave up taking swan pics years ago (there's lots in London) but I like this. I must also rethink my aversion to landscape orientation as it works well here.

As always, appreciated.

Regards.

YIKES, JUST SEEN IT'S 23:56..SO MADE IT IN TIME :)

Well, still here...by the skin of my teeth.

Been a busy few months but I'll keep on because in some strange way...it's hard to let go.

This week was always going to be an abstract. I wanted to photograph a journey, but could not submit a video, so I decided to merge my car journey and solo camp to Robin Hoods Bay.

Not an easy one to merge as I wanted to ensure I was in the frame.....to add context :)

Anyways....marmite alert :geek:

Week 23 Progresss by aNdy sHeader, on Flickr

That's a challenging one Andy. As an image I really like it, there's loads to see and it is very well done and I'd really like to know how you went about it, but ... I'm left wondering at what point a photo stops being a photo but that's a good thing to think about. Great effort and well worth it :clap:

Back