Posiview's TP52 2017 I’m done....

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
Yes
Morning, all, thought I'd set my thread up for the 2017 52.

I've been here a while and thought a few words of advice might be needed:

1. you don't have to comment on everyone submissions
2. you should comment on some submissions
3. the old, 'I'm new to photography, so don't feel I have the knowledge to crit' isn't acceptable ;)
4. if in doubt, just say what you like about the photograph and anything you would change
5. have fun and enjoy yourself. It won't be easy, but keep at it and you'll soon get into the swing of things.
6. make sure you use the TP52 as a vehicle to improve your photography.

If you start to feel a little overwhelmed, play a Joker and move on.

Let us know why you feel overwhelmed.

You can always miss themes you are not keen on but I'd encourage you to have a good think about the themes and I'm sure you'll be able to come up with an idea. Have a look through previous TPs for inspiration.

Most of all, for me, it's fun and there will be some meets during the year so jump in and get going.

Cheers all and have a great year (y)

Morning, all, thought I'd set my thread up for the 2017 52.

I've been here a while and thought a few words of advice might be needed:

1. you don't have to comment on everyone submissions
2. you should comment on some submissions
3. the old, 'I'm new to photography, so don't feel I have the knowledge to crit' isn't acceptable ;)
4. if in doubt, just say what you like about the photograph and anything you would change
5. have fun and enjoy yourself. It won't be easy, but keep at it and you'll soon get into the swing of things.
6. make sure you use the TP52 as a vehicle to improve your photography.

If you start to feel a little overwhelmed, play a Joker and move on.

Let us know why you feel overwhelmed.

You can always miss themes you are not keen on but I'd encourage you to have a good think about the themes and I'm sure you'll be able to come up with an idea. Have a look through previous TPs for inspiration.

Most of all, for me, it's fun and there will be some meets during the year so jump in and get going.

Cheers all and have a great year (y)
Thanks for the tips! I know I sometimes feel like giving up if I can't come up with a good idea on my own and can't find anything online to inspire me. However, giving myself permission to play a joker and just photographing something - anything - will help me overcome my anxiety.

Some good tips there Andy.
I only comment on pics that I feel I have something to say, I dont comment on everything and everyone.
I do feel a bit of pressure if I get a week or so behind, but overall, I feel the challange is good fun and a way of ensuring you use your camera weekly at least.
Goodluck in 2017, IM along for the ride too......

Well, onto week 0 of 2017.

As this was a practice the cart came before the horse, so to speak. Smoke on the Water.

This one was taken this morning on a photography trip to Seaham, and a rather interesting overnight camp with @blondie606, all manner of noises, rustling sounds and clanking outside our tents. Nice site but a cross between the set of The Shining, The Village and Signs. :runaway:

This is from the beach at Blackhall beach, it was a bit special and although we didn't get a super sunrise, we got better than we expected :)

Cheers all.

Week 0 Smoke on the Water by aNdy sHeader, on Flickr

Works for me, Andy. Beautiful colours (y)

Amazing photograph! I couldn't think of a single thing I would change there. I love the colour of the sky and rocks and not to mention the water :)

Whoa! That is a brilliant shot Andy - love everything about it .... misty water, light on the rocks and that amazing sky. :clap:

Really, really good image, quite possibly one of the best Ive seen on here from yourself Andy....

Great shot Andy. We may have shared the same song, but you have taken yours today whereas mine was an old one - hoping I can be excused as it was my first attempt at getting all this linky stuff right.

Love the colours and composition, and your smoke is more on the water, complete with fire in the sky ;)

Beautifully taken shot Andy, love the smooth water flowing round the rocks,plus the oncoming wave finished by a great sunrise.

Works for me, Andy. Beautiful colours (y)

Very nice picture, well worth getting up for.Great colours and detail and very Smoke on the water!

Amazing photograph! I couldn't think of a single thing I would change there. I love the colour of the sky and rocks and not to mention the water :)

Whoa! That is a brilliant shot Andy - love everything about it .... misty water, light on the rocks and that amazing sky. :clap:

Really, really good image, quite possibly one of the best Ive seen on here from yourself Andy....

Great shot Andy. We may have shared the same song, but you have taken yours today whereas mine was an old one - hoping I can be excused as it was my first attempt at getting all this linky stuff right.

Love the colours and composition, and your smoke is more on the water, complete with fire in the sky ;)

Spectacular image this would make an amazing piece of wall art:clap:

Smashing shot Andy, love the water and the colours, spot on for your song choice too.

Thanks all, onto week 1 :banana:

Thanks for the tips! Lovely shot, has it all. I particularly like the contrast of cool white, black and warm orange as the sun sets, with some of that warmth bleeding into the rocks.

Beautiful Image. I love the colours and it really fits the song choice

Thanks for the tips! Lovely shot, has it all. I particularly like the contrast of cool white, black and warm orange as the sun sets, with some of that warmth bleeding into the rocks.

That's a beauty Andy. Wonderful light on the rocks.

Wonderful colours and water movement Andy, love the swirling around the rocks, looks a real nice location :)

A beautiful image that fits the theme perfectly, great colours and water movement, a wonderful start to your challenge.

Lovely start to another year of 52, Andy. Beautiful sunrise with lovely texture wet rocks as foreground and the right amount of water movement.

Thanks all, can't wait for week 1 :)

Great photo, brilliant colours and nice processing! 12mm lens?

More eerie than smoke to my eye Andy, but a stunning image.
Actually on second thoughts, the way you've captured the waves at different elevations does look like smoke flowing over the ground.
Are you priting this out for the wall?
:clap:

Seaham, you went to Seaham? Blimey, you must be desperate for a night out, no wonder you heard weird noises. I went to school there :D

You got a fab pic out of it though (y)

Dad, I like the sun in the photograph. I don't like the blurry water.

Thanks.

Thanks.
Brave girl :D

I think you will fit right in too :)

Great start Andy going to be tough for you having your daughter crit your pics this year

Great shot. Loving the detail and lighting on the rocks and the depth provided by the distant sun rise

Lovely shot, well exposed, great composition, straight horizon and lovely use of long exposure.

More eerie than smoke to my eye Andy, but a stunning image.
Actually on second thoughts, the way you've captured the waves at different elevations does look like smoke flowing over the ground.
Are you priting this out for the wall?
:clap:

Seaham, you went to Seaham? Blimey, you must be desperate for a night out, no wonder you heard weird noises. I went to school there :D

You got a fab pic out of it though (y)

Love a bit of milky sunrise, I've not caught too many. (y)

Thanks.

Brave girl :D

I think you will fit right in too :)

A lovely image to start the year, Andy, I really like the contrast between the hard, dark rocks and the smoky, swirling water in the foreground, all topped off by the warm, golden light in the sky. Excellent (y)

Great shot. Loving the detail and lighting on the rocks and the depth provided by the distant sun rise

I love everything about this shot, excellent

Thanks all,

@LC2 might just do that, been a while since I changed the photographs on my wall (y)

@Isabelle get to bed, right now ;)

@Cobra :p

Cheers.

Lovely image of the sunrise Andy, there's a tiny bit on the top right hand side that could do with a clone out. Great to see you doing another 52!

Bugger, I always try a run 'border patrol' before pressing the shutter and also before posting :banghead:

Cheers.

A beaut .... classic long exposure job. (y)

Cheers, has it's faults but it was a practice :)

Cheers.

Back