Posiview's TP52 2017 I’m done....

Haha - I like the triptych Andy - I think the processing works and that first expression is priceless. As for no more selfies....:LOL:
The road trip sounds like a complete nightmare. Can't believe you had the energy or patience for a 57 stack after that, but it looks great. I love the hint of gentle shadow.

Order - great idea, and your facial expressions are gold!
Comfort - a bit of a shoehorn, but nicely composed and well lit.

Not sure whether I like the story or the image more :) but to come away from all that and still get a shot (and some comfort) deserves my appreciation (y)

Thanks all, it was an interesting day :)

Decided to post another one :)

I decided a while ago that I was not going to scrimp when buying photography attire, and the decision has served me well by keeping me warm, dry and comfortable over the years and in all seasons.

I bought the Seal Skinz gloves around 7 years ago and they really have done a great job, the fingers have just started to go so another pair will soon be ordered.

The Salomon boots (Quest 4d 2 Gtx) fit like a glove and have kept my feet dry after walking through puddles and in heavy rain.

The hat, well, I like Rab gear and my other hats had seen better days.

Cheers all.

Week 02 Comfort 2 by aNdy sHeader, on Flickr

Week 2 sounds like you had a bit of an adventure that day, as for the image it's self 57 photographs :eek: to get to the end result. I can certainly see after your adventures why you would seek " comfort " from this image, Nicely composed, exposed, simply stunning.

ooops my bad didnt look at the next set of comments and see the second image, which works better for the theme for me, so 2 great offerings for the 2nd theme(y).

Last edited:
If only everything in life was as reliable as a snow plough!;)
Sounds like a proper adventure.
Not sure the shot exactly screams comfort at me but it is beautifully taken and I really like it.
Now off to find out what stacking is and pretend I am not ignorant!

Last edited:
That was quite an adventure Andy! Glad you made it home safe !
As for the leaf, that is no more of a shoe horn than any of mine :p

First prize for perseverance, think I would have given up much sooner and def don't have the patience for the stacking either:( Great image :D

This might seem like a shoehorn, however, today my alarm went off at 04:30 as planned. Solo trip organised to Mam Tor. Message from a friend @blondie606 saying very windy and very cold.

Fallback location already decided upon and I set off for a sunrise at the Old Gang Smelt Mill in the Yorkshire Dales

Weather didn't look that good.

Now, I drive a little VW Lupo. You can see where this is going....

1. Got stuck on a hill in snow. 30 minutes to get myself out.
2. Got lost (always carry a map...I didn't)
3. Got stuck on another hill, farmers had to dig me out
4. Got stuck on yet another hill, farmers had to dig me out
5. Dead end, 30 minutes to U turn
6. Got stuck in a snow drift, had to dig myself out
7. Saw a sign telling me I was in Cumbria :)
8. Saw another sign telling me I was now in County Durham :)
9. Pulled into a service station for a coffee.
10. Decided to go to Fountains Abbey....it was closed!
11 Decided to go to Pateley Bridge...road was closed.

Did not take one photograph :banghead:

Anyway, came home and decided some stacking was in order.

57 photographs @f16. Nikon 105mm. X2 OCF.

Trust me, this gave me great comfort.

Yes, it is Friday the 13th :LOL:

Cheers all.

Week 02 Comfort by aNdy sHeader, on Flickr

I'm sorry.....nothing constructive to add re the photo
BUT

you've just had me howling with laughter.... @posiview .....you really are priceless :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Now i know how you start your day Andy, nice interesting takes very creative good work.:)

Week 2 sounds like you had a bit of an adventure that day, as for the image it's self 57 photographs :eek: to get to the end result. I can certainly see after your adventures why you would seek " comfort " from this image, Nicely composed, exposed, simply stunning.

ooops my bad didnt look at the next set of comments and see the second image, which works better for the theme for me, so 2 great offerings for the 2nd theme(y).

If only everything in life was as reliable as a snow plough!;)
Sounds like a proper adventure.
Not sure the shot exactly screams comfort at me but it is beautifully taken and I really like it.
Now off to find out what stacking is and pretend I am not ignorant!

That was quite an adventure Andy! Glad you made it home safe !
As for the leaf, that is no more of a shoe horn than any of mine :p

First prize for perseverance, think I would have given up much sooner and def don't have the patience for the stacking either:( Great image :D

I'm sorry.....nothing constructive to add re the photo
BUT

you've just had me howling with laughter.... @posiview .....you really are priceless :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

When I saw the leaf shot in the main photos thread I was wondering what's that to do with Comfort. That shot must surely qualify for the best shoehorn of the year.

:eek: 57 shots! don't think my computer can handle that. It struggles anything over 10.

wow, that was quite a day, and 57 shots stacked sounds more like effort to me than comfort but great job.

Thanks all, and :p to you @blondie606

Amazing patience to get this over anything else. I'm sure you had to make yourself comfortable whilst waiting to put that lot together ;)

Made me laugh with Order and taught me something with Comfort (I'd never heard of focus stacking). Can't ask for much more than that!

Wow, that was one hell of a day but the image is stunning :clap:

As for #2 I'd rather see all the writing in focus.

Hasta luego

#2 for comfort doesn't really work for me, outdoor gear is supposed to be worn not photographed. :)

Amazing patience to get this over anything else. I'm sure you had to make yourself comfortable whilst waiting to put that lot together ;)

Nice triptych Andy, would be tempted to try it vertically.

Made me laugh with Order and taught me something with Comfort (I'd never heard of focus stacking). Can't ask for much more than that!

Wow, that was one hell of a day but the image is stunning :clap:

As for #2 I'd rather see all the writing in focus.

Hasta luego

#2 for comfort doesn't really work for me, outdoor gear is supposed to be worn not photographed. :)

Thanks, all, see aaagggeeess ago since I posted that photograph :)

haha, great effort! I like all 3 - (1) for looking helpless & sad, (2) for the hair factor and (3) for looking downright menacing!

But seriously, subtle lighting and gritty detail. Works well in B&W too.

I think #1 is my pick, it seems to have something of a Harry Potter charcter about it, good idea and a good use of mono, well captured

Just right for hanging about the fireplace ... guaranteed to keep kids and animals well away from the hot part :D

That last one reminds me of someone, but I can't for the life of me remember who..

haha, great effort! I like all 3 - (1) for looking helpless & sad, (2) for the hair factor and (3) for looking downright menacing!

Yep, definitely looks like Filch :D

Nice lighting and b&w conversion (y)

I think #1 is my pick, it seems to have something of a Harry Potter charcter about it, good idea and a good use of mono, well captured

Just right for hanging about the fireplace ... guaranteed to keep kids and animals well away from the hot part :D

That last one reminds me of someone, but I can't for the life of me remember who..

A selfie in disguise :) ... three great shots Andy I like them all ...top choice in the b&w.

Yep, definitely looks like Filch :D

Nice lighting and b&w conversion (y)

Cheers and oi! in equal measures :)

Ha ha, Filch :clap: I was thinking of

latest

All three are good Andy but the third for me for the slightly more subdued lighting and the aggressive look.

Hahaaa they are great Andy, hate to say it but hair really does not suit you :LOL: - I'm liking the processing in them all, but expression wise I really like the third, although all 3 raised a silly smile from me :clap:

All three are good Andy but the third for me for the slightly more subdued lighting and the aggressive look.

They are all quite terrifying...! I like the expression in the third.

Thanks all, and I'd crush it if I had real hair :)

Cheers.

All three are great, I quite like the effect of shooting portraits with a super wide lens, great set up and lighting. As your facial expressions go, #1 is my favourite. Have you considered working as a mime? :)

The 3rd one here Andy.
Far more attitude, though perhaps a bit Argus Filch (ETA. Damn, just read the comments and Jill beat me to it)
You are far too good at these selfies, you need to push the envelope Andy ;)

Anyway, well captured, plenty of grit and interestingly a pair of catch lights in each eye. PP has worked really well.

Back