Post your favourite Macro of 2009

• Thread starter Deleted member 3428
  • Start date
How about a macro shot of the year? Just for fun. What do you all think?

Only if there's "wildlife" and "non-wildlife" categories :p There are quite a few "creative macro" bods on this forum too ;)

Carl

sounds like a plan to me! see if it can be made a sticky to!

Great thread just loving some of the shots produced on here well done to all who showed.... some superb images :clap: :clap: (y)

John

This is one of my personal favourites :D simply because it really looks like a duck :thinking: To me at least anyway :LOL:

3781857437_da2e787087.jpg

For those that asked, whilst I know I can't get as good as those with proper Macro lenses... I also can't afford an MPE65 and the flash to go with it... so in the meantime I'm making do with my EFS55-250 and my Raynox DCR250.

No no...no more pictures...these are great....saving up for the 105mm macro, but it'll be next christmas me thinks! Whats a macro filter?

Great shots everyone! Love em all! Esp the spider anda plughole!

I see a duck...superb!

only just spotted this thread,as i've not done a lot of macro this year..and for some reason or other,not visited this section as often as i usually would :bonk:.

the shots on here are absolutely awesome..well done folks :clap:

here's my fave from this year...

DSC02560.jpg

I fyou want a macro of the year vote, just for fun, keep posting your shots but also let me know here in the thread, then we can decided a cut off date and I shall add a poll. :)

sounds like a great idea.

What is your favourite ?

Every single one of yours :LOL: I'm surprised you didn't choose your snowflake ones.

All the images in the thread are good, but some are absoulutely stunning. I had intended to do a lot of macro this year, but for various reasons didn't get round to it. Oh, well another year is just round the corner, so I'll have to try harder.

WOW some fab stuff in here, too many of horrible spiders though :LOL: i really really want a proper macro lens (something like the sigma 105mm would do) im using extension tubes on my 24-70mm macro atm.

Heres one of mine but its hard to choose!!

3925185755_b8fe1bafb1.jpg

I cant even begin to tell you how hard it was getting that drop on there and to stay :|

Last edited:
I fyou want a macro of the year vote, just for fun, keep posting your shots but also let me know here in the thread, then we can decided a cut off date and I shall add a poll. :)
You need to remember these should be favourite shots which are not necessarily your best shots. Mine is my favourite because of the cleaness of the shot and because I have never seen that species before but is far from being my best shot. I think it would be good to have a best shot poll for each photo category on the forum for a bit of fun. Might be worth you Mods having a candle light supper to discuss putting up a sticky for each section ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Crikey I'm pulling out now if you have better than that to offer :exit:

There are some brilliant shots showing up in this thread and I would have liked to have taken quite a few of them myself. I love these shared photo threads so thanks everyone for making this a goodern :clap:

Feel uneasy posting this after the crackers that have preceded it

Just love the Sunday morning look of the eyes, Clicky for full effect

Richo don't feel like that it is a cracker of a shot of a nasty horsefly. ;)

Richo - there's nothing to feel uneasy about that shot ... I'd say it's as good as anyone elses on here ;)

I like this thread because you don't feel under pressure to have had the perfect photo and expecting C&C, it's not a competition - thanks for starting it up :D

There are some brilliant shots showing up in this thread and I would have liked to have taken quite a few of them myself. I love these shared photo threads so thanks everyone for making this a goodern :clap:

:agree: some cracking shots (y)

This my favourite, because after many many complete failures despite its faults this one turned out sort of reasonable. Kindly identified by this thread starter as a "bloody nosed beetle"

You need to remember these should be favourite shots which are not necessarily your best shots. Mine is my favourite because of the cleaness of the shot and because I have never seen that species before but is far from being my best shot. I think it would be good to have a best shot poll for each photo category on the forum for a bit of fun. Might be worth you Mods having a candle light supper to discuss putting up a sticky for each section ;)

:cautious: but that would require us actually talking to each other..... :LOL:

This is the best I have on this PC. I am usually underwater shooting macro, so it makes a change for me to be shooting things topside. Taken with a 350D canon 60mm - more or less straight out of camera. I must say the super macro images on here have inspired me to kit myself out with some serious macro toys.

weai2cyp8y.jpg

Stew

I'm another without a macro lens so this is with my Raynox 250. Seen a few people trying this in the macro section so had my own go and this was probably my favourite. Probably could've cropped more but would have lost the colours.

Paul

Last edited:
Probably the best I've managed so far

Fly2%28framed%20small%29.jpg

Awesome image Banath. I honestly haven't seen a bad un on this thread yet.

Awesome image Banath. I honestly haven't seen a bad un on this thread yet.

Cheers matey mine was more luck I think I really struggle with macro, then get frustrated and give up. I've got loads of abstract macro though a bit of wing, one leg etc :LOL:

Not sure if this is even macro (well its not, but meh) but its the best ive got :) Taken with sigma 70-300mm

favmacro.jpg

This one isnt perfect - its flying the wrong way for my liking, but inspired me and made me feel I could do better!

3940461636_33e5d56ede.jpg

It's very yellow but hey... :)

590247343_V5mNA-L.jpg

Wow I'm impressed with the shots here, some real corkers.

My favourite for the year is this one, as Alby says probably not my best but it makes me laugh every time I look at it :LOL:

4158857264_d62594d6ab_o.jpg

Not really a macro sort of person, not got the eye or patience for it.

I spotted this while hunting squirrels at centre parcs with my 300D / Tamron 28-300

kipper.jpg

//edit//

Shot not taken this year so don't add it to any poll etc :bonk:

Last edited:
Back