Post your Still Life here..

Edit My Images
Yes
I have been looking around for a still life section but cant see one. My other hobby is painting and i am looking for a couple of good pictures of still life scenes, i have just painted a couple for an open exhibition at my local art gallery, i paid for the boards, painted cherries on one and strawberries on the other. I would like to be able to use the photos i pick if possible, so if you dont want to allow me then please dont post. They can be of anything you like that you think will make a good painting, i have looked on line but most are way too dark, i need good shadows but i also need to see the rest of the picture too, fruit and chrome is good, as are nice coloured bowls, the choice of subject is yours, thank you to anyone that cares to take part..

Ok mods there are no takers, could you please remove this post, thank you..

you might have had a little more luck had this been posted in the "creative" section - that's generally where most of the still life stuff ends up being posted...

though I think you'd really need to give it a little more than half a day to get some chance of contributions...

I can move the thread to creative if you'd like ??

Last edited:
oh - and I'd happily post some of my shots, but I think you'd reckon they were WAAAY too dark ;)

(have a search in the creative section for threads I've started and you'll see what I mean :) )

and don't be surprised BTW, if you're thinking of selling the pictures you paint, if people insist on the industry standard fees for their shots :)

Last edited:
Just close it down please, having looked there is absolutely nothing I could use anyway...

If this one from a studio teaching session could be
of any use to you, inspire you…

Parfum.jpg

Just close it down please, having looked there is absolutely nothing I could use anyway...

I think you're approaching this from the wrong angle... the word USE bothers me. Now, if you'd said something more along the lines of

"I'd really like some inspiration to work on my still life painting techniques. Has anyone got something that they'd like to work with me on - You take the still life photo, and I'll go away and paint it a couple of times - in return for using your image, I'll send you one of the paintings... that way we both get something out of it"

I'd bet you'd have a queue of people offering to shoot something pretty much "to order" for you... I'd love to see what you could do with some of my stuff, though i'll admit that some of the Vanitas stuff might take a while to get an end result - unless you happen to be channelling Pieter van Claesz :LOL:

As it is, you're simply asking for something with nothing in return - not exactly what i'd say was in the spirit of the forum.

I think you're approaching this from the wrong angle... the word USE bothers me. Now, if you'd said something more along the lines of

"I'd really like some inspiration to work on my still life painting techniques. Has anyone got something that they'd like to work with me on - You take the still life photo, and I'll go away and paint it a couple of times - in return for using your image, I'll send you one of the paintings... that way we both get something out of it"

I'd bet you'd have a queue of people offering to shoot something pretty much "to order" for you... I'd love to see what you could do with some of my stuff, though i'll admit that some of the Vanitas stuff might take a while to get an end result - unless you happen to be channelling Pieter van Claesz :LOL:

As it is, you're simply asking for something with nothing in return - not exactly what i'd say was in the spirit of the forum.

Ok, in order to approach a member of the forum with an offer I would need something I could use to paint, as a photographer and a painter I can’t see anything in there I can use at all, the food is taken from over head, parts of the photos are obscure or blurred and the lighting is wrong for me, not for the photo.
Although I could take my own photos I really don’t want to do that otherwise I end up painting items I already have in my own house, and I don’t have the right equipment to take a decent shot anyway.

Last edited:
okay... i'll just throw one in the hat...

You're welcome to use it, if you give me a painting that echo's it strongly... if you don't want to do that, then my usage fee is £500 payable in advance... ;)

Ontbijtjes 1 by The Big Yin, on Flickr

it's not particularly overhead, pretty much everything is in focus... Lighting - well - it's right for the style of image, because it's HEAVILY inspired by the still life paintings of the 16th and 17th centuries in Flanders and the Netherlands. Get your oils out and crack on ;)

Last edited:
Back