London Potential Fuji Meet

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
Further to the link below (in the XT owners thread), I've started this thread to discuss.

https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/t...10-owners-thread.527428/page-976#post-8104311

So, looks like we're aiming for the 24th.

Those interested so far:

@Jelster
@dave.hallett
@Seanazz
@yamahatdm900
@ianmarsh

Even though I was, until the end of January, working in London, I rarely got up there with my camera. So, I'm open to any ideas. I come in to Paddington, and will need to get into town from there. Covent Garden is always interesting and may be a good place to meet.

But please, let's discuss....

Name
Tim
Edit My Images
Yes
I am interested. I'll be travelling from Cardiff and have a wedding meeting with a couple but if the timings fit.

Edit My Images
Yes
Almost all of my shots in London are from somewhere along the river. The area from Tower Bridge to London Bridge/Shard/More London is packed with cityscape opportunities (and street photography opportunities too, I suspect). This location works well at sunset so we could start somewhere else and head for this bit later in the day if folks are interested.

OP
OP
Jelster
Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
Almost all of my shots in London are from somewhere along the river. The area from Tower Bridge to London Bridge/Shard/More London is packed with cityscape opportunities (and street photography opportunities too, I suspect). This location works well at sunset so we could start somewhere else and head for this bit later in the day if folks are interested.
Sounds like a plan to me...

OP
OP
Jelster
Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
I've now been made aware that we have a family do on Saturday afternoon/evening. So although I did instigate this, I will need to pull out.

Happy for you guys to continue, or we can re-arrange after Easter if that works for everybody else.

Sorry about this guys, I did ask the Mrs a few weeks ago, although she doesn't seem to recall the conversation :(

Tori_T

Staff member
Edit My Images
Yes
Okay folks, you all seemed happy with the 24th; I suggest if the rest of you want to continue, you all start proposing times and meet-up locations so you can then come to a consensus, otherwise you can start poking Steve in April. Poke 2.gif

Name
Sean
Edit My Images
Yes
I’m quite happy to wait until April, it may be a bit warmer.

What had people in mind as places to walk round ?

A couple of suggestions that will probably be tourist heavy but good for the sights, and people.

Leicester Square to Festival Hall.
Picadilly Circus to Victoria.
St Paul’s to London Bridge.
Whitechapel to Liverpool Street.

Edit My Images
Yes
If there is still interest for this weekend I'm happy to lead a bunch moving from Tate Modern to London Bridge to More London/Tower Bridge with a view to taking urban landscape shots (in my case often long-exposures). These will work best in the run-up to sunset which should be at 18:20 on Saturday so perhaps anybody interested could meet at 3:30-4pm under the Millennium Bridge outside the Tate?

Name
Sean
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi Ian. I should have responded earlier, but was waiting until I found what shift I was working Saturday.
I can meet up, but obviously if it’s just me it may not be worth you making a journey.

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi Ian. I should have responded earlier, but was waiting until I found what shift I was working Saturday.
I can meet up, but obviously if it’s just me it may not be worth you making a journey.
Hi Sean, given I now seem to have a busy weekend let's postpone.

But if you find you have some free time one day and fancy a shoot let me know and I'll see if I can make it.

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi Guys - I'll join if you'll take me. Need my Fuji mojo re-inspired.

Reading the thread the general gist appears to be that you want to focus on iconic landscapes. A boat cruise from West London to Greenwich will provide some unique angles on famous sites. Once at Greenwich you have some wonderful opportunity of old Georgian architecture, Cutty Sark, then followed by shots of spring with London as a back drop if you are willing to walk up the park. You could then head back down for a beer lunch, and walk under the river and up into Canary Wharf for hardcore modernism.

If people prefer a street challenge, Camden is full of opportunity.

Will tag along whatever you're doing - as long as a :beer:is included ;)

OP
OP
Jelster
Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
If we're all keen on doing this, I'll happily look at another date.

Weekend of April 14/15th, or 28/29th look good for me.

OP
OP
Jelster
Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
Actually Paul, thanks for picking the thread up again....

So, can we get some dates and ideas again please...

OP
OP
Jelster
Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm happy to help organise, I have plenty of time on my hands these days....

Weekday evening or weekend?

Any preferences for location(s)? I'm fairly easy as long as there's decent coffee locally :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Name
Graham
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm happy to help organise, I have plenty of time on my hands these days....

Weekday evening or weekend?

Any preferences for location(s)? I'm fairly easy as long as there's decent coffee locally :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Im easy on weekends or evening, if weekend Sunday would probably be the best day for me.
No idea about locations so im happy to go wherever.

OP
OP
Jelster
Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
Will have to do it by the end of Feb, as we've sold the house, and I won't be coming up from Wiltshire for a London meet.... :oops: :$

Name
Dave
Edit My Images
Yes
I am happy to join in for a weekday/evening meetup as I am already in London for work. But I don't have too much appetite for coming in again at the weekends.

feek

Herbert
Name
Rob
Edit My Images
Yes
O.k I'll start the ball rolling- I propose Saturday 16th Feb, 10.00 am meet outside Charing Cross station- any takers?

OP
OP
Jelster
Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
Sorry, missed your previous post. I'm now in Bristol that weekend visiting my son, but it looks like our house move now won't be until the end of March, so I'm happy to do it at a later date.

feek

Herbert
Name
Rob
Edit My Images
Yes
OK Steve, what about the following Saturday, 23rd Feb, same time and location?