East Anglia Potential Meet Cambridge September 2019

Name
Rich
Edit My Images
Yes
After the recent very pleasant London meet up seems a shame not to try another photo wander, so how about Cambridge,
Compact city with some interesting sights, more than enough "eccentrics" (no, not me before anyone says it) for the street people.

Thinking mid September when the language students have gone and just before the colleges start up again
Weekdays are best, always tourists about, but much worse at the weekend, so how about provisionally Wednesday 18th September
Good rail links now Thameslink goes direct from south of the river, fast service from Kings Cross and not so speedy from Liverpool St too.
Pretty decent from other parts of East Anglia and the North via Peterborough, non existent from the West though

Dates are flexible with me and no doubt others, so if anyone has a specific choice we can probably accommodate them
So, who fancies it?

GarethB

Likes to peek
Name
Gareth
Edit My Images
Yes
Count me in!(y)

Wednesday the 18th of September is fine with me, though I could fit with any time except the weekend of the 7th/8th.
It's been 25 years since I was last there, so not sure whether I'll drive or get a train, and since I was a cyclist back then, I'm unsure of what the parking situation is like nowadays....though no doubt I'll figure it out!

By the way, if there's anyone thinking of travelling from the Norwich/Norfolk area (long shot, I know!) I would be more than happy to offer a lift if I decide to drive.:)

OP
OP
tijuana taxi
Name
Rich
Edit My Images
Yes
Some really great shots there.
I'm particularly liking the skateboard shots, and the hipster in the bowler.
Count me in!(y)

Wednesday the 18th of September is fine with me, though I could fit with any time except the weekend of the 7th/8th.
It's been 25 years since I was last there, so not sure whether I'll drive or get a train, and since I was a cyclist back then, I'm unsure of what the parking situation is like nowadays....though no doubt I'll figure it out!

By the way, if there's anyone thinking of travelling from the Norwich/Norfolk area (long shot, I know!) I would be more than happy to offer a lift if I decide to drive.:)
Parking is very expensive, park and ride is best bet, also lots of roadworks with the new A14 works.
When I go to Norwich I always travel by train, regular service, reasonably priced and surprisingly comfortable trains too

GarethB

Likes to peek
Name
Gareth
Edit My Images
Yes
Parking is very expensive, park and ride is best bet, also lots of roadworks with the new A14 works.
When I go to Norwich I always travel by train, regular service, reasonably priced and surprisingly comfortable trains too
Thanks Rich, that's good advice.
I'll probably get the train, so unfortunately I'll have to withdraw my offer of a lift.

Name
Pete
Edit My Images
Yes
I would possibly be interested, but tbh I still need to spend more time getting over to Norfolk really!

Name
Simon
Edit My Images
Yes
Interested, will depend on work though so will know nearer the time.

Lots of good stuff to photograph!

There is some free parking I use not far from centre. Just off Huntingdon Rd (main road in from A14 if coming from the west) - three roads, Halifax, Richmond and one other (may be Oxford) are unrestricted and 10 mins walk from centre.

Edit My Images
Yes
I haven't attended any forum meets yet, but this sounds interesting as it's only an hour away, and though I've visited Cambridge a few times I haven't taken any photos there. Subscribed to thread and will see what happens.