Wild Pregnant Doe ?

Name
Martin
Edit My Images
No
Pregnant Doe 05-06-21  (1 of 1).jpgI took this image last week of a doe that was out feeding in a small meadow/field, I stumbled across her as I rounded the path, she seemed to study me for a short period and then trotted off, on looking at the photos when I got back home I'd say she was in Kid, maybe Mr Philpott could verify either way.

Quite possible, it's the right time of year for births

I'm no expert Martin for me it's an all but certain yes, she's massively heavy for a roe doe. Sure still not through molt so not as svelt as she will be in summer coat ,but yup all but certain

Martin I stalked a roe a few years back got some rubbish pics , it was really bloated and my hunch was some form of illness had caused this I've never seen anything quite like it before or since. Your image doesn't look like that one even it's face looked bloated :( I can't give you a 100% mate and have mentioned a one off to illustrate why , but i'm as sure as I can be she's in kid. Her tummy is so deep from her back, Sorry slow buddy I hadn't seen this, bit mad of late .

Martin I might have mentioned I had a recent encounter with a doe that looked fit to burst. I'll try and share that at some stage , I half think I can see the bulge of twins in her.

all the luck hopefully you'll catch up with her and the little ones

stu

What’s going on in the chest area though?

it is indeed Des ,

Rich
I don't know it's VERY puzzling Buddy we have been digging through far too many roe images musing this one. i've already come across a similar doe this time of year but the body angle isn't quite right that said Martin's doe seems much more swollen in the front area kinda where the sternum is

Really hard to tell but it looks like she might have an infection/ abscess/. wound ??? Rich, Shaz and I see a few roe and I make too many pics I might come back yet , and contradict myself but I don't think i've seen this before. As always mate I would love to be educated .

I can't help much here Rich your thoughts??

stu

it is indeed Des ,

Rich
I don't know it's VERY puzzling Buddy we have been digging through far too many roe images musing this one. i've already come across a similar doe this time of year but the body angle isn't quite right that said Martin's doe seems much more swollen in the front area kinda where the sternum is

Really hard to tell but it looks like she might have an infection/ abscess/. wound ??? Rich, Shaz and I see a few roe and I make too many pics I might come back yet , and contradict myself but I don't think i've seen this before. As always mate I would love to be educated .

I can't help much here Rich your thoughts??

stu

I thought she looked swollen and reddish (red colour’s not my forté :() at the front but as you say, it’s hard to tell from the angle and so on :( and you could argue that the outline continues through to her abdomen, rather than the belly sloping down from the chest, if that’s clear.

Last edited:
they get damn square close to birth, like those old farm animal paintings is it stubb's? could they ware a patch of fur...damned if I know Rich :D I can't yet find similar in my efforts shape oh yes.

I see red ( funny ) in a way it almost shocks me oh for somewhere in between !!

they get damn square close to birth, like those old farm animal paintings is it stubb's? could they ware a patch of fur...damned if I know Rich :D I can't yet find similar in my efforts shape oh yes.

I see red ( funny ) in a way it almost shocks me oh for somewhere in between !!
You are probably right, and it’s just the angle, and maybe the grass seed-head making me peer past at it :(.

.Looking again I'm still unsure Rich, sometimes one can have a fair stab based on one's own observation, not science based sure, but something. Here's I'm more in the clueless camp sadly.

Martin when you see all this is it possible we could see a bigger crop please ?

Cheers for the info and comments guy's I'll post one with a closer crop (y)

Bless ya Mart :D I spent quite a bit of time digging through images while the rain clobbered everything else I found images I had forgotten no bad thing but nowt like this .
I'm in theory land. ???

Ha still think she is preggers poss not twins ?

They are so beautiful ,:)

All the luck I really hope you find her and especially a little one (y)

Back