Pretty In Pink

Name
Tim
Edit My Images
Yes
This is an image from a natural light shoot I did last weekend with a model. Any thoughts on what I might have done better with the camera?

Emz Pink.jpg

Hi Tim,

As you know from my other pictures I am still a learner, so take this with a pinch of salt.

Exposure is spot on but I have the following comments:

1. For some reason the eyes look a bit soft, not sure where the focus was and what settings were used. Or if the issue is due to the size restrictions on the upload.
2. The space between the two pink walls at the top is a tiny bit distracting.

Thanks

Kev

Kev, thanks for the observations. The full size image, the eyes are pin sharp, only a handful of pixels here unfortunately. I agree the space you mentioned could have been different to have it sit better. I needed the light angle and fall off created by the overhanging structure with this subjects skin tone so probably took my eye off the uprights a bit. I could also crop out a bit more at the top. I appreciate your reply, always good to have something else to think about, as if the wind and variable light and passers by are not enough to keep one occupied.

All the best

Tim

HI Tim,

I looked at this before I read your sentence about the shot being a model. My initial thoughts were it was a photo of your daughter.....somewho she doesn't seem fully engaged with you (& my daughter does that a lot at the moment, hence my thoughts) as a photo, there is nothing wrong with it at all, she just doesn't seem to engage *does that make sense?)

HI Tim,

I looked at this before I read your sentence about the shot being a model. My initial thoughts were it was a photo of your daughter.....somewho she doesn't seem fully engaged with you (& my daughter does that a lot at the moment, hence my thoughts) as a photo, there is nothing wrong with it at all, she just doesn't seem to engage *does that make sense?)

Hugh, I can kind of see what you're getting at, especially if I take a quick look at other images shot on other sessions. To be fair, she is looking down the barrel, though probably more concerned with the fact that it was blowing somewhat on the day of the shoot and that her fine hair was constantly having strands across her face. So yes, that does make sense especially in the context of the below image where the model had a different level of engagement.

Thank you, much appreciated.

Regards

Tim

Reeds Small.jpg

Back