Pricing Question - Sunday League.

Name
Richard
Edit My Images
Yes
So a couple of weeks ago I shot my mates Sunday league team to put in the Sheffield Star as a favor for the editor.

Since then hes been contacted by the team they played against asking for some prints and if I can shoot their cup game in a couple of weeks. So I was wondering what sort of price I should be charging for this?

I've been thinking £50 and include 10 prints, mounted team photo and email the rest of the shots for full access to do as they please, does this seem alot or too little? Or just right?

thanks

Hi @keef32 we had a similar discussing here recently :- https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/threads/junior-football-photography.638323/
The fee you're charging i think it's an amount you think you'll get away with. Sounds fair but on the day if your team does well they'll be all over you and additional prints. They... lose i reckon you wont sell anymore.

You say 10 prints but what size would you offer? If these pictures will be placed in a club house? I reckon they'll want these quite large and not a 6x4 for personal use? Just additional food for thought?

Frankly, for that amount you are not going to make anything and may be out of pocket. Easiest to stick 'em on Flickr and let them download and print themselves. If you want to make a bit of money (even if you donate it to the club) you need to sell images with a bit of a margin.

Price doesn't sound ludicrous without the printing. I try to steer clear of offering prints because of the number of options involved in terms of sizes, finish etc. I find it's much easier to negotiate a price for the digital files and work to produce a gallery of images that can be printed in high quality with all images sized at the 3:2 ratio ready to print if needs be. If they want to print they can do so themselves or come back and negotiate a price later. Most clients tend to want to see the shots before picking what they want printed anyway.

Back