Princess Elizabeth-Crofton

Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
Sometimes you get lucky. This is the first tour after an overhaul and this location is excellent when it's sunny and it was sunny and very warm.I arrived at 10.00am (yesterday) to get my spot and someone was already there, it came through on time at 11.38. The barge people all want to know what's coming through so they get a look in too. It's at Crofton,Wiltshire and the canal is the Kenett and Avon canal. Immediately behind me were the lock gates but there's no way of standing back to get those in the shot,which would look very nice, because of the like-minded enthusiasts alongside me some with very large professional level video cameras and microphones..long ones wrapped in the 'fluff' . Princess Elizabeth is a very special loco and attracts many people to view it on it's journey. It was travelling from London Victoria to Minehead.

2myyb6c.jpg

Cheers, Michael. I'm pleased with it myself. I'll get this one framed,I think. She is rather special.

Two hours 30 mins. is too for you but I look at the schedule and see the A4's up in your region and wish they would frequent down here more often. Some people travel many miles though.

On Sunday I'll be off at 7.15 am to see Duchess of Sutherland, at last. Bristol > Par (Cornwall)

A very nice shot of a beautiful locomotive. I like it well done.

Very nice indeed, I particularly like that there's nothing modern in the shot so it looks period

A very nice shot of a beautiful locomotive. I like it well done.

Many thanks…much appreciated. I really like that crimson lake colour and will be pleased to see Duchess of Sutherland in it later this year,I believe but at the moment it's BR green. I'll be seeing it on Sunday.

Very nice indeed, I particularly like that there's nothing modern in the shot so it looks period

Thanks,Darren. I hadn't thought of that,re. nothing modern in it..a good observation. No factories, no cars. I did feel sorry for one video chap who got the loud noise of a combine harvester on his video a couple of weeks ago Ugh. Most of my shots of these locos are taken out in the countryside so that makes it a pleasant trip as well on a nice day.

Fabulous. Really really well taken. Deserves to be printed and framed.

Thank you Trevor, a very nice comment. My wife is telling me the same thing so I better do that :)

It's Duchess of Sutherland on Sunday, I just have to hope I get the sunny bit of the sunshine/showers forecast. It's south west of Bristol so I need to leave home at 7.15 am. I think I'll be ok as tomorrow is the bad day and then improving.

Back