Princess Elizabeth

Name
Michael
Edit My Images
No
6201 Princess Elizabeth on her main line test run seen here approaching Duffield. The light was incredibly harsh, but I wasn't able tp get anywhere else and I didn't want a station shot of her. So a b{w conversion was in order. Not the best but worth a try, after all the effort of going out to see it!

Princess Elizabeth @ Duffield by Michael Johnson, on Flickr

It's fine,Michael. Could have done with a few more carriages. Agree it can sometimes be a bummer not only getting the right location for a view but hoping the light conditions are appropriate and I can see they are harsh but as you say, better than not getting it and after all that effort you have to post. There won't be many B&W about because of the Crimson Lake colour it is.

Sorry I didn't see this over the weekend.

Thanks for taking a look John, much appreciated as always. The test run was all fine and it passed. It has moved to southall today. Unfortunately the next run she does on the 28th August from London to rowsley via derby and matlock she will only be going as far as derby due to weight restrictions on the line through from Matlock,then diesel the rest of the way. so unless I can get anywhere picturesque before derby, I don't think I will get the chance for a bit.

I caught her yesterday with support coach at Soulbury on the move to Southall. The section is flat to down gradient and she was smoking heavily compared to the Duchess just a week or so beforehand.
The light in your shot is atrocious and a pity you had to shoot shadow side as well. Better than no shot at all though

Back