Name
Jason
Edit My Images
Yes
I've had enough!

Further to these threads:
http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=247022
http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=236849

My Epson 7600 and to a lesser extent my R2880 are driving me around the bend. I am sick of prints that are too dark, unvibrant colours, yellow skin tones and reams and reams of wasted paper and canvas.

I've tried every option and every copmbination of options, dozens of ICM profiles, and spent hours trawling through forums. I have found people with the same problem as me but in every forum nobody has been able to help them.

My prints from my R2880 are just about acceptable at the very best, but the ones from the 7600, especially on canvas are woeful, and no it's not my monitor calibration, I've downloaded test images and I still get yellow skin tones and horrible dark pictures.

The bottom line is - I am willing to pay someone to come to mine (near Leeds/Huddersfield) and solve my problem, I've farted about on forums with the problem for too long, nobody seems to know the answer. So if you know anyone that would be willing to come and help me I would be absolutely over the moon and would happily send some beer money your way and obviously pay the guy for his time.

Thanks,

Jay. (I can be contacted on 07894 204040)

Last edited:
Hi Jay,
If no one can help you out that live's nearer to you ( I live down at Peterborough 2hrs from you) over the next few day's then send me a PM and I'll have a look for you, who ever look's at it I think will have to start from scratch to get it right, good luck jay..;)

Hi Jay

I have read both your threads and what you say here, a lot of your problem is with the lyson inks as they are not the same gamut as Epson inks and they require a custom profile for each type / make of paper you use, no matter how much messing your doing unless your using specific profiles for the lyson ink and paper used your going to be wasting your time.

Does the Epson 7600 run epson ink ?.

The 7600 is notorious for blocking nozzles and causing untold misery from it, you have to ensure they are clean.

I can come around and profile your system and printers and have a look what happening (i'm in north Sheffield, but very busy at the moment). We will have to sort a day out.

I use Gretag Macbeth and X-rite profilers, with Profilemaker Pro Studio software the industry standard for profiling and proofing printers and pre press equipment.

Mark

Hi Mark, I am using genuine Epson on the 7600 and have run the full nozzle
check and alignment a couple if times. Honestly mate, if you saw what it was
churning out you'd be like WTF??

I have run 7600 and 7800, 7900 etc and have never had problems you describe.

is everything running of PC ?.
You have CS4 dont you ?.

Mark, I have had same problem with everything I've used, CS2, CS4, CS5, Lightroom.

I will give you a ring, when are you available and we can sort something out.

Sorry, I misread your post Mark, I'm available to speak on the phone at anytime that's convenient to you.

Back